Chapter 8 (So it's a date?)

When we finally stopped to catch our breath, we both looked at each other. I realized that this is something more than friendship. I could feel my cheeks heating and I looked away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what came over me."

Cupping my face in his hands he said, "You have nothing to be sorry for. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to kiss you. But I didn't want to take advantage of your vulnerability." Wow. He really was caring.

"How come you're all alone here? I know you want to be left alone in silence but at the same time you don't want to be alone as well. Where are the others?"

"I made my sister leave to be with her family. Imran has to be in the hospital with dad to take care of him. I usually wouldn't be alone because mom," burying back the hurt rising in my heart, "Because mom would always be home with me."

He took my hand in his, "If you want I can stay here with you. I'll sleep on the couch if you're okay with that."

As much as the idea seemed wrong I needed to feel safe. "I would like that very much," I said nodding. I made my way back to the room and picked up my phone where I left it. Listening to my mom's voice over and over again, I didn't know when I fell asleep.

The next thing I knew, I was waking up to the smell of chocolate. I could hear it raining outside. It was a Thursday morning. I didn't even know the last time I prayed. I felt so guilty. I made my way to the shower and changed into a clean pair of clothes and wearing my hijab. Irrespective of what happened, I never forgot to have my hijab on. I made my way downstairs and found Omar making breakfast.

"Assalamu Alaikum".

"Walaikum Salaam. I made you breakfast. I knew you liked chocolate so I made you chocolate pancakes with chocolate syrup and hot chocolate. I know its too much chocolate but there is nothing like too much chocolate right?"

I chuckled and sat down. Breakfast was really quite with Omar trying to make me laugh. But knowing that it didn't work, he finally gave up to a quite breakfast.

After breakfast was over, I asked Omar to leave before Imran came home and I got into trouble. He placed a quick kiss on my cheek before leaving, making me blush. When Imran came home, he was mostly busy making calls to relatives; thanking them for coming to the funeral and all those things. His eyes were really red like he hadn't slept for days. Maybe he hasn't.

"Imran, you should go sleep. I'll wake you up for lunch."

"I'm so sorry Amina. I know I should have been here for you but with dad in the hospital, there was no one else to do all the arrangement. But I know you're a strong girl. Mom raised you like that. I knew you would be okay." I nodded listening to him. Imran was never the type that talked like this and to hear it- it comforted me.

"I know we both are not close at all. Mom was mostly you're everything. With mom gone, Amira decided to move back to Saudi to Yusuf's house." My sister's in-laws are in Saudi and she lived there before she got the twins. She then moved back here to stay close to my mom.

"With mom gone, there isn't any reason for her to stay her. She asked me if you would want to go with her as well. I know the change is big but change is what we need now. Dad needs to get somewhat more healthier and stable before he can move. I can't move out of here because I love my job and I have everything here. I'm sure dad would leave for Saudi after he ties up his business and we discussed this in the hospital. Once you graduate at the end of this school year, you can accompany dad to Saudi and decide from then on what you want to do. If you wish to stay here, then dad would marry you off to someone and he would leave. I know we shouldn't be making any of these decisions now but this was mom's wish as well.

Even she had considered moving back to Saudi. We are not forcing you to marry or make any decision now. You have time until you graduate and then I will ask you what you have decided. Amira will be leaving on the coming Monday with Yusuf and the kids. Dad will come home the same day. Until then you would be alone here. My work is near to where I live, so I can't stay here but if you want, you can come stay with me until dad comes home."

Once he was done, I knew he was waiting for me to say something. I nodded letting him know I was listening to every word. "I think I'll stay here until dad gets back. Plus I need to go back to school..."

"Ami you dont need to go to school now. I have talked to the princ..."

"No, I want to go to school. Staying at home is not doing me any good either. I need to take my mind off everything. I need a distraction." I stood up ready to make some noodles for lunch.

"Alright then. I'm going to rest for awhile. Wake me up once you're done cooking lunch." He kissed me on my head and left.

What was I going to do? With my mom gone, everyone was leaving. Amira is leaving, Imran won't be around a lot anymore; Dad is considering moving back to Saudi as well. Where does that leave me? I was truly left all alone. What about Omar? What was going on between us. I know that we kissed and all but does that make us official? Were we together? I know I like him a lot but does he feel the same way or was he just there for me when I needed someone? This is all to confusing. I needed to talk to him. I grabbed my phone and sent him a message.

Me: "Can we meet up later, like for dinner or something?"

After a while my phone buzzed.

Omar: "I thought you'd never ask".

That put a smile on my face and all of a sudden, I realised that smiling felt so alien to me. My phone buzzed again.

Omar: "So its a date?"

Blushing I replied,

Me: "Yeah it's a date".

Omar: "Can't wait. I'll pick you up at 7. Is that ok?"

I can feel my cheeks heating up. Wait Imran was home. What if he was home at 7?

Me: "No, I'll meet you at Bistro Pizza n Pies ok?"

Omar: "Okay I'll be waiting for you. See you soon gorgeous."

Gorgeous? As I kept my phone down, I couldn't help smiling. It was the first time I genuinely smiled and Omar was the reason. Once I finished making noodles, I turned around to see Imran standing there with his arms crossed.

"Mind sharing what's funny? I think I may need a laugh too!"

Uh-oh...!!!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.