Epilogue

This is the final chapter. If you have read and liked my book, please vote all chapters. It would mean a lot to me and help me out as well. There is a sequel after this. Don't miss it. ❤️

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

I parked the car and got out. The blazing sun did nothing but make the heat unbearable. Closing the door to the car, I went to the back picking up all the bags I'd just purchased. They were heavy, but nothing that was unbearable like the heat.

Juggling the bags in one hand and trying to fetch out my keys from my bag in my other hand, struggling was an understatement. Finally, my hands found the metal object clinging against each other. Taking out the key, I inserted into the door and opened it. The smell of lavender air freshener greeted me and I inhaled it even more. Keeping the bags down, I examined the current state of the house.

It was a two-storey house, where the staircase was just near the door. It carpeted with white floor and the walls and everything surrounding it was almost white in colour. It looked clean and pure- one of the main reasons I wanted to decorate it this way. As the house went on, little colours could be seen, from a dark red sofa set in the living room to a silver kitchen. The bedrooms, however, were completely different.

Each bedroom had its own colour scheme. The hallways outside the bedrooms, on the second floor, had white painted walls with a big stripe of red horizontally painted on it, following to the bathrooms and every other rooms.

"Mama!" I looked ahead of me as a boy, with brown hair and fallen teeth came running towards me.

"Aatif," I said between giggles as he continued to hug me. I knew the reason better than he thought. Slightly kneeling down, I met his eyes.

"I missed you mama." He placed a kiss on my cheeks which I happily returned.

"I missed you too baby."

"Did... Did you buy me chocolates?" he asked sneakily.

"Of course I did," I said as I shuffled through the grocery bags handing him his galaxy chocolates.

"I love you mama," he screamed as he ran off upstair.

"Be careful Aatif. Stop running," I warned but I knew it was pointless. The energy level a six year old held was far more than what I had at the moment.

In the distance, a voice called out to me. "Honey, are you home?" Grabbing the bags, I entered the kitchen where Ali was making dinner.

"Salam baby," I said placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Wasalam. How many times do I tell you not to carry these bags? What do you have me for then?" He took the bags out of my hand, placing it in the island counter.

"To make me amazingly cheesy lasagna," I said taking a bite greedily.

"And pizza," he added as the oven bell rang. I smiled at his thought. Placing the hot tray on the counter, he finally approached me. He kissed my forehead, trailing down to my cheeks and then my lips. "And now," he said kneeling down, "my baby." He placed two kisses on my stomach that was now six months pregnant.

I buried my hand into his hair making his moan in pain. "So I get a kiss and your baby gets two?" I pouted my lips and crossed my hands over my chest.

Ali chuckled as he wrapped one of his hand behind my waist and pulled me close. The bump caused some space between us but we were closer than ever. His other hand caressed my cheeks and his eyes travelled to my lips. He ran his tongue over his lips, wetting them and in anticipation, I found myself mimicking him. Slowly and ever so subtly, he placed his lips onto mine and within a few moments after I responded, his tongue darted between us.