Chapter Nineteen - Come To My Senses

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

Chapter Nineteen – “Come To My Senses”

Girl I couldn't see love in front of me. When I couldn't feel, I didn't know just what was real. When I couldn't hear, you're the music to my ears. Girl I was running from love. You made me come to my senses…” – Travis Garland

~♥~

*Ashlee’s POV*

Sometimes people due dumb things when they have an infatuation. And I can tell you right now that my friends and I have experienced that. Let’s just say that we’ve made some…bad choices. I mean, if kidnapping your favorite band is considered bad! We treated them well. They even grew to like us, but once we released them, it came back to bite us in the butt. And here I am, sitting in this prison cell pouring my heart onto a paper which I’m sure no one will see. After all, no one is allowed to see me. I miss my family, I miss my friends, I miss my love…Tom. If only he had really loved me. If only it wasn’t a scheme to break free. If only…

I look up when I hear the door down the hallway open and stuff the piece of paper and pencil underneath my pillow. The hard boom of boots echo on the walls as the guard nears my cell. And lucky me, he stops in front of it.

“Prisoner Brennan, I have a visitor for you,” he spoke roughly.

My mood immediately brightened. There was a visitor for me? It’s the first in nearly three months! But my emotions quickly changed when the person stepped out from behind the guard.

“Tom?” I gasped.

*Tom’s POV*

It’s been three months since Ashlee was put into prison for the next ten years. Every day I have to watch the guys hang out with her friends. It sucks because I am now the only single one…and the only miserable one.

This morning I had no drive whatsoever. I just wanted to sit in my bed all day. I was feeling guilty and quite crappy if I may say. I completely regret giving her away. I shouldn’t have done it. Then I knew what I had to do. I had to finally man up. It sucks that it took three months for me to realize that.

That got me moving. I jumped out of bed and quickly showered. I got dressed and ran for the kitchen. Grabbing a piece of toast, I picked up my keys and quickly said goodbye to everyone, making them wonder where I was running off to.

I made it to the prison in a record amount of time. As I entered the visitors entrance, I looked up at the building. It was quite intimidating. Would Ashlee really be okay after spending her time here?

“How can I help you?” the scary looking female guard at the desk asked me.

“I’m here to see someone by the name of Ashlee Brennan,” I informed her.

She scanned the computer screen and then turned to me.

“I’m sorry sir, but she is not allowed to see anyone at the moment. Can I ask you how you know her?” she asked.

“I’m the reason she is here,” I stated.

She just stared at me, shocked. She’s probably wondering why I want to see her after that.

“Please, I need to see her. It’s very important. If you can’t get me in, I’m sure I can call my manager who would gladly speak to your boss.”

She gulped. “Um, alright,” she replied and put her radio to her lips. “Wing A, respond.”

“Wing A,” a voice crackled back.

“I have a visitor here for Prisoner Brennan. It is a special request. I need you to come escort him. Do you copy?”

“Roger. I’ll be down in a minute.”