Chapter Seventeen - Renegade

~COPYRIGHT 2012~

Chapter Seventeen – “Renegade”

“The jig is up. The news is out. They’ve finally found me. The renegade who had it made retrieved for a bounty. Never more to go astray. The judge will have revenge today on the wanted man…” – Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze

~♥~

Just two days after I was arrested, they threw me in an actual prison. I’ve been avoiding everyone here like the plague. There are some scary characters here.

Now it’s been six months and today was the day I would be facing the judge.

Still in my orange jumpsuit, the police officers escorted me into the court house. We entered a room and it was completely crowded and silent. I’ve never seen so many people in a court room before. Not even when I visited this same one a couple of years ago in high school.

I sat there in silence as my lawyer tried to defend me. There was no point. I had already admitted to committing the crime. All of my friends testified against me and I gave them small smiles. I knew they didn’t want to be up there on the side of the boys. After all, they were the ones that gave us away.

Finally the jury came to their decision which was obviously guilty. The judge then came up with the sentence. I was to serve ten years in prison. Great, there go my dreams. I was never going to be able to be a nurse. They would think I was going to kidnap someone from the hospital…

I sigh to myself and allow the officers to escort me back out to the police car. On my way out, I caught a glance of the guys, who were hiding in the back. They all looked at me with sad expressions, all except for Tom.

I dropped my head so I was looking at the ground and ignored the whispers as I passed everyone. It seemed like there was a path that was cleared for me on the way out.

I was brought back to the prison and thrown into my dirty little cell. It looks like this is where I’m going to be spending the next ten years of my life. This is just wonderful. Could life get any better than this?

*Tom’s POV*

I scowled at Ashlee as she walked out of the court room. She had taken all of the blame for her friends and she was the only one getting in trouble. All of them should’ve been taken down! It’s not fair! They all did this to us!

“Siva?” a voice asked from our side.

We all looked up to see Hannah staring at us in awe.

“Hannah!” Siva exclaimed and jumped up.

They stared at one another for a second and then he wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the top of the head. She giggled and snuggled into him.

“What the hell Seev?” I questioned, shocked.

After all of this, he was still into her?

“Shut up Tom,” Siva replied, pulling away from Hannah. “Just because you decided to go against them, doesn’t mean that we can’t be on their side. This wasn’t my idea. I really liked them. They were good girls. They treated us alright.”

“Wait, you were the one that caused this to happen to Ashlee?” Hannah wondered. “Tom, how could you do this to her? She really liked you!”

“Well I didn’t like her so fuck off.”

“You’re an asshole, you know that?” another one of the girls stepped forward. It was Nate.

“Fuck you.”

“Is there a problem here, ladies?” a security guard asked, placing his hand on his gun belt.

“No, there’s no problem here sir,” Nathan said calmly.

“We were actually just leaving,” I added.

“Good. Carry on,” he said and walked away.

“You’re leaving?” Lexy asked, stepping forward.

“If we’re seen with you, it’s going to send the wrong message. Half the world knows that you girls were involved in some way,” Jay told her with regret in his eyes.

She looked down at the ground. “Oh…well…good luck with the rest of your career,” she trailed off and began to walk away.

I watched as Jay immediately grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back.

“You know what? Fuck it. I want to be seen with you,” he said.

“What? You actually want to be seen with them? Dude, they helped kidnap us!” I screamed.

“So? I really like Lexy. And Siva here is into Hannah,” he pointed out.

“THEY KIDNAPPED US!”

“IT WASN’T HER, OKAY? IT WAS NATE AND I!” Sam yelled, stepping forward.

“W-What?” I asked.

“We were the ones who convinced them to be involved. She didn’t want to leave us behind to do something stupid…” she said. Then she turned to Nathan. “I’m sorry Nath…I didn’t think this would happen!”

“Are you telling me that you’re the guilty party and we’re putting a perfectly innocent person in jail for ten years just because she’s being a good friend and she’s taking the blame for you?” Nathan asked.

She nodded reluctantly.

“Un-fucking believable,” he huffed. “We need to do something about this.”

“Please, please don’t put me and Nate in jail! I promise I’ll never even think of doing it again! I was being selfish and stupid! I get lonely okay?”

He just shook his head at her. “And to think I was beginning to like you when we were with you…”

“Nathan, I’m still the same person I was then.”

“No you’re not. You’re nothing but a liar.”

With that, he walked out of the court room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siva and Hannah are together at last. And Jay wants to be with Lexy again. What’s going to happen with that?

Will Nathan ever forgive Samantha?

Will Ashlee ever be freed?

Hate? Like? Love?

All music belongs to Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze and all photos belong to their rightful owners. No copyright intended!

~COPYRIGHT 2012~