Going all Scooby Doo.

Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?

How the nerdy boy just walked in and was now strutting his stuff down the hall. Of course, nobody turned towards him. He seemed invisible to their eyes, but not mine. I think I had lost all my saliva do to it spilling outside my mouth. He was totally drool worthy with his white v-neck shirt, that totally clung to his body, over that was a jacket that I call 'the Dean Winchester jacket'. Supernatural was my favorite show, don't judge. His hair was tousled up in a mess, that surprisingly he wore well. He wore skinny jeans that fit his...assets well.

The thing that surprised me most.

He rode a skateboard. I know this may seem like stereotyping, but didn't they ride scooters or get embarrassing rides from their mothers? Or is this just movies? Maybe that is how he has those muscles? From doing tricks and stuff. That is bound to get them semi-ripped, right? 

I looked over my shoulder and saw him putting his combination into his locker. He pushed his big rimmed glasses up and grabbed his math textbook. Oh, crap!

He turned and looked directly at me. Did I say that out loud? I placed my hand over my mouth as I felt my cheeks starting to burn again. He turned away from me and put his textbook into his backpack. Mr. Walus is going to kill me! I am going to die. I soon started pacing back and forth by my locker. There is no one that would let me borrow their book. They knew for a fact that Mr. Walus meant business and was very strict on books.

A clear of a throat brought me out of my misery.

“Emery...” A husky voice spoke. I knew who it belonged to. I looked up to big rimmed glasses, but behind them held  beautiful, emerald eyes.

“Yeah?” Oh god. I got breathless. Good going, Emery.

He rubbed the back of his neck and I could see a tinge of pink forming on his cheeks. He opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by loud bang down the corridor. We both turned to see Gregory, the giant, messing around with some Freshmans. They started coming down the hall laughing like baboons they are and then stopped to slap Ryan on the shoulder. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

When did Gregory and his gang like Ryan?

“That was epic last night? Today, same time?” The giant spoke. I looked up to Ryan nodding with a small smile. I cleared my throat interrupting their bromance.

“Right. See ya later.” Greg said before walking down the hall with his buddies. They kept pushing each other while they walked. Sometimes I thought they were on dope or something. They aren't normal, but then again normal is boring.

“Where were we?” I asked and grabbed his attention. He looked down at me, god he was tall too, he starting biting the side of his bottom lip..oh no, don't do that...then he did the unexpected.

He patted my shoulder and said, “Good talk,” then walked away.

Wait, what? What talk?

I stood in the middle of the hall dumbfounded. There was something clearly wrong with this picture and before I could ponder more on this whole situation, the bell rang. I groaned out loud and shuffled my feet to the door of hell.

I breath and breath out. Here we go. Time to face the room of doom. 

I placed my hand on the door knob and turned it. Being the ninja I am, I dodged a flying paper ball and plane. Seriously? I walked over to my seat and was surprised to see a math book on my desk. Yes, yes, yes! I internally did multiple fist pumps in the air and I am pretty sure my smile was more like a Cheshire grin.

I looked around and caught Ryan's gaze. A simple, yet genuine smile was plastered on his face. Before I knew what my traitor feet were doing they made their way standing right in front of the boy that caused my mind to go into a whirl wind.

Seriously, second grade crush had nothing on this. But apart of me felt like this was wrong, was I using Ryan?

He was stunned as I pulled him into a bone crushing hug. I kept repeating 'thank you' over and over again while he patted my back awkwardly.

"Get a room," somebody shouted which caused our embrace to falter. My eyes scanned my shoes and not his face. Now who thinks their shoes are interesting, my mind taunted me. 

"Thank you," I said putting a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked up to see him smiling and his eyes held amusement. He opened his mouth but again we are interrupted.

I heard a groan and turned to the front of the class. "Not again. No. Get to your seat, Ms. Williams. Go play tongue swap somewhere's else." 

"We weren't-"

He held his index finger up and wagged it around.

"Don't want to hear it. No, I don't. Seat. Now." He gestured before reaching into his leather bag and grabbing a stack of paper.

"Pop quiz." He said while everyone in the class groaned.

Well everyone except Ryan.

He was hiding something. Something didn't seem right knowing the Gregory and his pals knew Ryan. Not saying Ryan can't be popular because it totally can, but it just didn't fit. Something was off.

I guess I have to go all Scooby Doo, gang.

It's time to investigate.

I sat in the cafeteria trying to figure out which item should I eat. The cheeseburger or the pizza. My hand hovered over the pizza but before I could grab it, it was gone.

I turned my head to glare at my best friend, Tyler. 

"You glutton, give me my pizza!" I reached across the table trying to grab it with no avail. Dammit.

"You're calling me," he pointed to himself "a glutton? When you have a cheeseburger and pizza...oh, let's not forget the fries you will be going to get afterwards." He bit into the pizza, my pizza, and smiled wickedly at me.

So called best friend.

Psh, more like loser, pizza stealing, best friend.

He threw his arm around my shoulder and gave me a greasy kiss on the cheek.

"Gross! Dude, no." I pushed his face away from me but he still was relentless on giving me a sloppy, greasy kiss.

"I love you, too. Emi baby!" He cooed. 

"Go to your girlfriend and leave me be! I have things to do." 

"And what is that? Stalking on the nerd boy?" His face was serious but his eyes held amusement.

"It's not stalking, it's research. And shut up and keep your voice down." I glanced over at Ryan's table to see him doing his homework. Ryan wasn't a loner, but he did like to keep to himself. He had friends, but they were mostly in their clubs around lunch time. This peaked my interest.

You would think that because he was doing his homework in the daytime, he was a nerd. This didn't set well with me. Something in my gut told me that wasn't entirely true.

As I looked closer, I could see more bruises forming on his face.

What the hell is happening to this kid?

And why was I slightly starting to care?

It had to do with the math book. Yes, because he gave me the mathbook, out of complete kindess, this is why I am feeling this way.

What am I doing, was the last thing I mentally spoke before I started walking to his table.