Insight

There are things in life that you choose not to share-not only because it is none of their business, but mainly because you are frightened that their perspective of you would change. . . no matter how close you are to them and no matter how much you love them.

I do not think I was ready to bring Emery into the nightmare that I call my life. In a small town, you would expect them to notice these things. They failed to notice everything. Or maybe they knew, and kept this a secret. I do not know what was happening to me, but I know one person who did and they were just as close to Emery as I was.

Tyler.

He knows, and I know. I wish I could keep Emery out of the dark, but with her giving me a look that can bring any man to his knees, makes me want to spill all the known and unknown secrets that she has been missing.

She has been oblivious her whole damn life and then she seeks me-god only knows why-and now she wants things that I could not possibly tell her.

"I have to go," I said quickly.

"But-" I cut her off quickly with a kiss and opened her window.

"Ryan Sanders, you get back here! I demand answer and I demand them n-" with a rush, I grabbed her on the back of the neck with one hand and the other caressing her cheek, and I kissed her again. This time I kissed her with passion and heat. Truthfully, this kiss made me not want to leave at all.

"You gotta stop doing that," she said breathless which caused me to smile down at her.

"I'll be back. I promise," with one last look into her beautiful eyes I crawled out her window and made my way to the forest.

Emery P.O.V

I should be mad. Why am I not mad at him for crying out loud!

I blew out a frustrated breath and made my way to the bathroom. My hands ran over my face as I stared at myself in the mirror. His secrets are draining the life out of me and I was going to find the answers. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my black hoodie and threw it over my tank top. I grabbed some pants and pulled them over my boxer shorts. 

My feet moved on the own accord as I made my way to Tyler's. He has to know something. He always knows the gossip that is trending in this town.

"You were nothing, but a distraction to her. You mean nothing!"

"She is mine!" A deep voice boomed and it brought shivers down my spine. I rounded Tyler's house to see him and Ryan chest to chest and their bodies trembling.

"Hey, what are you guys doing!" I yelled as I walked between the two of them.

"Tell him, Em. Tell him he was just a distraction. . .that he meant nothing to you." Tyler said, but his eyes never met mine. They were focused on one thing only and that was Ryan himself.

"Tyler, I-"

"Tell him!" Tyler's voice boomed so loud that birds flew from the trees. I was scared because I had never seen Tyler this way.

"You were a distraction," I whispered. I looked down at my feet because I did not want to see the hurt in Ryan's eyes. Tears rolled down my face as I felt Ryan step away from me.

"I see. Maybe you and Tyler are right for each other," he seethed. "You're both liars." He turned his back towards us and took off with long strides.

Don't let him get away.

I began to walk, but was grabbed on my wrist.

"Emery, don't go. He's no good for you."

"Tyler, I love him." I said, as I looked into his now dark eyes. "I love him and I am not going to let him get away." I shook my head at Tyler with tears still rolling down my face. "He's not good for me. He's perfect," I smiled and without another word spoken I ran off to find Ryan.

"Ryan! Ryan, please listen to me." I screamed as I saw his figure come into view. He abruptly stopped and turned slowly towards me.

"Yes, you were a distraction," I said as I came closer to him which only caused him to snort and he began to walk again, but I stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"My grandfather was the talk of the town and I didn't want to hear it anymore. Then I saw you with your bruises on your face and I was intrigued by you. I kept telling myself that you were nothing but a distraction, but everytime I hung out with you-you were special. And then, you told me how you liked me while I was in the second grade and my heart skyrocketed. I love you, Ryan Sanders." I stared deeply in his eyes, "I love yo-". 

And my lips were crushed with his. His lips were fiercly taking over mine and I couldn't help but moan. Much to my embarrassment, Ryan chuckled. His lips crashed to mine again and he grabbed me by the back of my thighs and lifted me. My back hit the tree and my arms instanly wrapped around his neck and legs were around his hips. Our bodies were close and I was in complete bliss.

His body was close and on instinct his and my hips started to move together. We both moaned at the same time, but did not stop. His lips lowered down to my neck softly kissing as he made his way down to my where my neck and collarbone meet. His tongue swiped the area and then everything happened so fast.

I screeched out as pain coursed through my body, but there was also a mixture of pleasure. I tried to push Ryan away, but he wouldn't budge.

"Ryan. Ryan! You're hurting me," I whimpered. He took a step back with his eyes a dark emerald color. My hand went to my neck and my fingers traced to hole marks.

"Emmie. Emmie, I am so sorry." I stared at him bewildered. I wanted to tell him that it was okay, but all I did was run.