Words unsaid

Emery

"You look beautiful," my grandma gushed in a whisper, as she zipped me up in the back. I could clearly say that I did not recognize the girl in the mirror. Her hazel eyes shined brightly with excitement and rosy cheeks made her pale complexion look marvelous.

"Your grandfather would be so proud of you, dear." I looked at my grandma over my shoulder and gave her a wide smile. My grandfather dreamt of the day I would go to prom, but sadly he isn't here to witness it. I'd be sure to take a lot of pictures and memorize every detail, so I can show and tell him the amazing time I had, and how I wished he were there to witness it.

I kissed her on the cheek after she placed her pearl necklace around me.

"Your grandfather gave this to me at prom." She laughed. "That man worked day and night to get me this necklace. One day, we were just walking passed the jewelry store and there it was. I could not take my eyes off of this beautiful thing and your grandfather must have saw it. I wondered where he had been all this time when all I wanted was to see him, and come to find out he bought me this." We looked at each other in the mirror. 

"That was the moment he told me he loved me," she placed a strand of loose hair under my ear. "I hope you have a wonderful time tonight, baby. Be good."

She patted my hand and we both descended downstairs with giant smiles.

I touched my grandmother's peal necklace. Tonight would be the night I tell him.

Tell him all I needed to.

Ryan

Welcome Mr. Sanders. It is a pleasure to be at your acquaintance. I assure you that you will be fine as long as you listen to my orders. Got it?

Who are you?

The voice in my head laughed. Oh dear boy, I am a part of you. 

What the hell does that mean?

It seemed to growl in frustration. Just listen to what I have to say and do as you are told.

Fuck off.

A pain ripped through me causing my back to arch. 

You're phasing. So it is best that you listen to what I have to say, you little twerp. I am the only one you can really trust.

The pain eased slightly, but it still burned. I am assuming the thing inside me was easing the pain.

What is happening to me? I could hear a whimper. Was that me?

You are becoming something very powerful. Try not to think about the pain. It gets worse. Think of something else.

Instantly my mind went the beauty that captured my heart when I was just a boy.

Oh, fuck. We have to go find Emery.

What did you do, it growled at me.

We stood her up.

And that was all it took for us to run. I had to say, it was quite weird running on all fours.

Emery

"He'll be here," I told my grandmother for what seemed like the millionth time, and she gave me a small smile every time. I sat there on the couch with my hands closed tightly together. My heart would pick up with the tiny of sounds, movements, or headlights that came from the outside.

There has got to be an explanation to why he isn't here.

I looked at the clock and it read that it was 9:58.

Prom has definitely been over for me. With a sigh, I got up from the couch and walked up the stairs; I passed my grandmother on the way, which surprised me that she was still awake. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked to my room. The only noise heard throughout the house was my high heels clacking on the hard wood floor.

I didn't feel the tears seep from my eyes until wetness hit my bare chest. Unclasping the back and undoing the zipper, the dressed fell off of me with ease. I heard a small whimper from outside my window and it made my heart beat.

I grab a tank top and some shorts and grabbed the closest thing next to me. 

Seriously, I think I will die. My hand automatically reaches towards my brush every time I am this situation. With a shrug, I made my way to peer outside my window. Yellow eyes looked directly in mine and the first thought was:

The boogeyman.

Its yellow eyes pierced through mine. It held its head high and howled to the night sky. It looked sad, and I felt its pain.

I placed my hand on the window letting it know that it will all be okay. It came out from the trees and sat in my eye sight. It laid its head down and I could hear the soft whimpers as I opened my window.

 Its head whipped up as I climbed out my window barefoot and walked towards it. I placed my hand on its head and started petting his golden fur. I could hear its purr and it made me smile, but that was quickly replaced with a frown.

Its nose brushed my bare leg. The coldness from the nose caused goosebumps to rise on my skin. I leaned sideways using his body as my pillow as I stroked the fur on his front leg and laid sideways.

His whimpers caused me to look at him. His eyes looked as if they were pleading with me and tears fell from my eyes as I whispered my secret that I wanted to tell that one person tonight.

"I wanted to tell him I loved him."

I cried into its fur and it howled to the night sky then after, he rested his head on my legs.

What a sad ending to  a beautiful night.