12 | Dahlia

CARSON 

"Hey bro." Bryan greeted me with a cheery smile, I frowned and walked in the opposite direction. "C'mon, are you really gonna ignore me now?" He said nudging my side. It's quite ironic, only a week ago I was the one persuading him to talk to me after going behind his back, but now I had no intention to speak to him after what he has done.

It was cataclysmic. 

Just two days ago, Bryan confessed that he was the one who stole my bag. The bag which contained my letters. All of them. I was furious and agitated, but there was still a part of me which felt slightly relieved? No. I never intended for those letters to be revealed to anybody. Not even Bryan. I don't even want to know what he did with those letters, burnt them or hid them. 

I don't care.

Alright, I do care. Because those letters have my raw emotions splattered all over them, letters to which I opened my heart to. In which I poured my love and reverie for Azalea. If anything, they should be in my possession right now, nobody can see it.

I suddenly halted, making Bryan bump into my side. "Did you read them?" I ask, sternly. He shakes his head vigorously. "It wasn't my place to, so I didn't." He mumbles making me scoff bitterly. "It wasn't your place to steal them either."

He looked down, clearly seeming ashamed. But then he surprisingly, raised his head and looked me straight in the eye, "Well, I didn't do it as revenge. You asked me in the hospital if I was okay with you being in love with Azalea, I didn't show it but I was happy for you, I am happy for you. I want you to confess to her and see how it goes. That is why I stole those letters."

My mouth went dry as I stared at him with widened eyes, he wants me to confess? But why would he steal the letters unless he wants to―

"Did you give the letters to her!?" I screamed in exasperation, catching some of the student's attention as they walked by, I couldn't care less. My breathing was ragged as I waited for his answer. 

Please, no no no, say no....

"Yes. I did." I was holding onto his upper arms, trying to balance myself, how could he? They weren't meant to be seen by her or read by her, at all. My eyes watered, My own best friend did this to me, even if he wasn't taking revenge, he has hurt me and torn my trust in a way which will never be forgotten.

"Bryan―" I sniffled as he pushed my arms away, with a blank face. "―why would you do that?" My voice came out as a mere whisper. My arms falling limp by my side. 

"Because admit it Carson, you wrote those letters for her. She has a right to know how you feel about her, I may not be the wisest guy but I sure do know that she deserves to know. I'm sorry." 

"I hate you." I gritted out. I turned around to leave.

"Admit it, a part of you wanted her to read those letters."

I didn't reply, because it was the truth. It was the painful truth, I did want Azalea to read those letters and know how I feel. But like the coward I am, I never wanted to admit to her.

How will I face her now?

Bryan betrayed me, and became the dahlia of my story, but could I really blame him now?