4 | Acanthus

⟶ CARSON 

I walked down the corridor with hopes of bumping in you again, I had this sudden urge to let you know, I was the same guy from the nursery. But of course the bell had to ring and the class had to start.

I muttered some profanities under my breath as I walked into the class, my eyes wandering around in search of Bryan. My eyes landed on your dainty figure, you were laughing. A smile appeared on my features automatically. It was surprising how your aura and presence could make someone feel so exuberant. 

I took a step forward, I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to be known as the guy who you opened up to, who you called your absolute cherished friend. But of course, my feet betrayed me. Your gorgeous smile continued to brighten the class as you chatted with your best friend. Sighing, I walked over to my desk and settled down.

Maybe another time.

As I stared at your back, I found myself imagining the beautiful portrait of your carved body in a honey silk gown, you'd look like a princess. Red would be your dynamic color, lightening the night alight.

Ruckus takes place once our professor enters the classroom, Bryan was still nowhere to be seen which meant I was going to be alone. I was used to it. I let my eyes wander around the classroom as they again landed on you, but only this time, you were looking back at me. 

You smiled softly at me, your eyes twinkling with recognition as I smiled back. 

"Any news for today?" Professor asked, taking his usual spot in front of the class.

"Ooh I got one," Janet raised her hand, her thin lips formed into a smirk, Professor nodded for her to go on. "My weird neighbor finally moved out!" Few people cheered warily which made Janet roll her eyes at them.

"Boo, you all suck." 

"Anything else..?" Professor wiggled his eyebrows, he was a fun man but could be strict at times.

"Hey flower boy, didn't your father get a new farm?," Jay chewed onto his bottom lip as he hid his shit eating smirk, which I noticed fervently. I nodded vividly before looking down, my eyes fixed on my notebook, I'd never want to get in trouble with assholes, I have a reputation and self control.

You frowned, you eyes locked on your purported boyfriend. "I heard Old McDonald has pigs over, but his lil piggy is away from home." Jay pretends to wipe his tears and gives me a pathetic pout. Professor sighs as he notices the bicker, but like always no one stands up.

Why would they? When I myself can't?

"You know what else he must have? flowers, and it sucks that a flower like Carson has to be away from home."

Your honey like voice, which played multiple melodies in my ears, made me shoot my head up. I gazed at you as your eyes were fixated on Jay, glaring. Jay scoffed as his eyes widened bit, one thing's sure he never expected for you to speak against him.

He chuckles, "A totally ruined flower at that." He states, half of the class bursts out laughing but your smile never disappears, "Oh Jay we aren't talking about you. You can't compare a broken branch with a Acanthus."

My lips parted, my eyes widened, my heart twitched. Every beat increasing its pace as I stared at you defend me. But most of all, you remembered. I symbolized you as Acanthus, which meant Art. You were not just a piece of art, you were whole canvas painted into grace and delicacy.

"Everyone, silent now. Take your history books out and turn to page 234." 

But that page never got opened, My eyes never left your figure. I was astounded Azalea.

And when I thought I can't fall in love with you more, You proved me wrong.