6 | Peony

LETTER

Hey Azalea,

Ah I'm so happy today. You have no idea. Ever since I walked you home, I've been smiling like an idiot. Bell-flower. I hugged you! I'm so grateful I was there for you when you needed me, genuinely. Everything makes sense when I'm with you.

"Don't be a stranger." You had said as we bid goodbyes. "I never was." I smiled at you. Oh lord, I'm acting like a lovesick puppy.

But you can't blame me! You remembered our time together, that makes me ecstatic. How we'd chase the birds away and run after them laughing, our cheery smiles mirroring each other, we'd hold each other's hands unknowingly. It was all so beautiful, surreal. 

I wish to get that time back, I wish to embrace you freely when you're feeling down. But I know that's not my place to be, not unless you dump Jay's sorry ass.

A sudden thought brushed my mind, how would you react if you ever received all these 19 letters? I think you'd freak out. It would be too sudden for you. And these letters are very very secretive and important to me, I can never afford for even single word to be revealed.

I doubt if I'd ever even confess my love for you.

- Your floret guy

....

CARSON

"You are so dramatic, its makes me wanna puke." Bryan commented as he peered at me stuffing my recent letter into the bag. "Who do you even write to?" He asked again, munching loudly on his popcorn. 

"None of your damn business." I retorted offering him a tight lipped sarcastic smile. He rolled his eyes before lunging for my bag but I shoved him away.

"Bryan! Just quit it. They aren't for anyone to see or read." I muttered angrily.

Bryan rolled his eyes again, before standing up and walking out of the room.

Immature.

I hustled the bag into my closet before grabbing my school supplies and rushing out of the dorm, and of course, Bryan was waiting for me. "I hate you but you are my best friend, so I forgive you." He said and immediately smiled. This was probably one of the things I admired Bryan, who always had a way to cheer himself and the others up.

"I didn't apologize but okay?" I muttered, hiding a smile.

"You make me wanna roll my eyes to another oblivion dude." He commented, rolling his eyes for the umpteenth time.

I chuckled, "Kinky." He pressed onto the acceleration as we sped off to the school, Ignoring my snarky comment which made me chuckle harder.

"You know if you were a flower, you'd be a peony? It's a symbol of bashfulness and compassion-"

"Carson, let's keep that knowledge in your huge head, It all goes over my head. Don't make me use my brain." He groans, earning a laugh from me. "I can be the honeybee to your flower if you want!" His eyes brightened and I only smiled, he was so cheerful.

"Alright miss bee."

We love a bit of bromance ;)

thank you for reading xx

-krystalglobe.