Chapter 7.1

Emily's pov

I woke up in a car trunk. Me being claustrophobic screamed and shouted and thrashed about in the tiny space. Almost immediately I heard swearing as someone pulled the car over.

I would give anything to be Compass with his ability to control metal right about now. Even better, to not be claustrophobic or locked in a trunk. Maybe not being Compass. I found the fact that he was dating Boulder a little gross.

The trunk popped open and I climbed out as a guy opened his door and climbed out. I sat on the curb gulping in air. I was too stunned to do anything as he asked me if I was okay.

I felt energy roll off this guy in waves, heating up the air. I siphoned it and stored it for later. I don't want to be caught unprepared again.

He put his hand on my shoulder as he asked again if I was okay.

I barely managed to choke out

"Yes."

His phone beeped. He pulled it out and stared. Who would be texting in the middle of the night?

Whoever it was freaked him out. He told me to get in the car, which I did to avoid getting locked in the trunk again. I crammed in the back with an unconscious blond girl and another guy. Hey I knew that guy!

"Hey aren't you the guy that Zombie used to date?"

He looked at me in suprise, his cheeks red. The boys in the front seats cracked up.

What's so funny?