Chapter 13.2

Emily's pov

I couldn't find the cereal. There's like 7000 cabinets and closets in this place but no cereal. None.

How hard is it to get cereal?

I mean I'm sure rich people have delivery services or something. I mean you have to be rich for a view like this.

You can see like most of the city. Though the view is kinda ruined by a beanbag pile that might have someone in it.

I finally found the cereal on top of the fridge, and after one step ladder and three falls I managed to get it down.

I placed it on the counter and grabbed the milk from the fridge door.

When I turned around the cereal was gone. So was my bowl and spoon but they had tons of those.

"What the hell?"

A face peeked over the edge of the counter. It was vaguely human. Big dark animal eyes, ears peeking out from among hair, and nose that was halfway between human and cat. It was the size of a small child. It placed the cereal box back on the counter. The top had been ripped off.

It grabbed the milk and disappeared behind the counter. I walked around the side. The milk had been opened properly, and was overflowing a bowl full of cereal.

"Oops." It said.

More than a bit nervous I said "Hello".

It stared at me. Its tail waved nervously in the air.

"I don't know you."

"What?"

She crawled over and sniffed my ankles. I stared at her. She backed up and stared at me.

"What's your name?"

I had to think for a second before I remembered.

"I'm Emily."

She nodded than went back to eating cereal.

"Okay then."

I grabbed the milk and put it back on the counter next to the cereal. A munching sound came from where the cat thing was sitting.

...

I finished my cereal and put the bowl in the sink. When I turned around it was staring at me. I shrieked.

It blinked.

I took deep breaths.

"I'm sorry," breathe in "you scared me" breathe in "I was not expecting that," breathe in.

"Sorry. Do I have to clean this?"

I stared at it. I decided it was a girl.

"Clean what?"

She pointed downwards. I walked around the counter and saw her cereal mess.

"Yes. Definitely yes."

"Aw."

She flung herself over the counter. Surprised I leapt back into a person. I looked up at them. They were tall. I looked back at the cat person.

She had pulled the end of a paper towel roll hard until the bend in the middle touched the floor. She didn't rip it off though. She leapt back over the counter and dabbed at the mess.

It didn't help.

Paper towels stretched across the kitchen. At some point the milk got spilled and somehow got literally everywhere.

The person behind me sighed.

"Slick, you know you aren't supposed to serve yourself. Then you're supposed to eat at the counter."

Slick's face fell. She went back to scrubbing the floor.

"You also know how to properly clean the floor."

She hissed as she went off, presumably to find something better to clean with.

I looked at the girl behind me. She was like a head taller than me, and she commanded authority.

Slick came back with a tiny hand held vacuum thing. She turned it on and started to vacuum up her mess. She managed to get her tail sucked into the vacuum. She hissed and pulled it off her tail and threw it, in a movement my eyes could barely kept up with. The vacuum went through one of the fancy big windows with a crash.

The girl behind me cursed. Then she sighed.

"Hi. I'm Beth. The cat person is Slick."

Slick had somehow slinked away unnoticed.

I rubbed my upper arm. Beth stared.

I had a black honey comb pattern tattoo that symbolized that I was one of The Destructos. Who conveniently weren't around as I was kidnapped. Speaking of The Destructos...

I pulled out my phone.

Danny: What happened?

Danny: You know I can't remember when we do bad things. What happened?

Emily: Where are you?

Amanda: Are Logan and Brad with you?

Emily: I've been kidnapped.

Flame: Hey, Brad's on the news!

(Flame's real name is Ashley, but we're not allowed to call him that.)

Danny: What happened!

Danny: Hello?

Amanda: We failed to rob the bank, and you flirted with a receptionist.

Danny: Oops. Sorry Amanda.

(They're dating.)

Emily: Hello? Still kidnapped!

Flame: Be quiet. I'm watching the news.

I turned to Beth.

"Do you have a TV?"

She stared at me.

"Never mind."

I ran though what luckily was the front door and not a closet. Down the hall from that was a staircase. I knew this as I had accidentally broken the elevator on the way up due to me being claustrophobic.

I took the steps out of this place two at a time.

Beth was scarily at the bottom. I shrieked.

I missed a step and came crashing down, getting knocked out for the second time in twenty four hours.

Not again.