Chapter 47

"Please"

"No"

"Oh c'mon"

"No"

I was in my office and Jake was sitting before me begging me to destroy my own reputation. Marcus and I arrived from France yesterday night but since I had a pile of files left in my office I had to come and work the very next day.

But Jake here decided that work was less important than his love life.

Few weeks ago I called Jake and asked him to apologise to Marcus. He knew what happened to Marcus but didn't care to enlighten me. So he agreed to apologize but sent me a WhatsApp message saying sorry and asked me to forward it to Marcus.

So I called him again and threatened him. Both mom and Jake apologized and Marcus did the same. Soon the call got awkward so I cut it. Dad was still mad at Marcus so he didn't join.

"It's normal girl talk. She won't suspect"

"I haven't texted her before. If I randomly ask her do you like Jake or not she will think I'm crazy"

"No she won't"

"Then why don't you go and ask her yourself?"

Jake crossed his arms over his chest and glared at me. I mirrored his actions and glared back at him.

"You are experienced in this. I can name all the boyfriends you had. And that's quite a lot. So you are an expert. Please help me!"

"I have a dignity to protect. So no"

"I need to ask her on a date and if she refuse I'll be embarrassed to death. How can you not help me? You don't love your brother anymore? "

"Ew I have never loved you" I made a disgusted face and continued with my work. Suddenly Jake grabbed my phone and started texting Blair.

"Are you freaking kidding me? Give it to me!" I jumped up on the table and landed on Jake. He fell from the chair and we both rolled on the ground trying to get my phone.

I got on his back and wrapped my arm around his neck to choke him. But Jake stood up and slammed his back on wall crushing my ribs to pieces.

"Ouch you idiot" I took a file and hit his head but he quickly blocked it.

"Please just one text. I need to be confident before I ask her"

"Give it to me" I ran to him and tickled his stomach. He laughed in agony and fell to the floor, hugging my phone with his life.

"Then let's go to her house"

"You go! Why would I come with you?"

"Then I'm texting" he took the phone out and started texting.

"No no no. Fine I'll come with you. Now give me my phone. And how do you know where she lives?"

"I took the details from Marcus's hotel where she works. So please come with me. I need to ask her and she won't refuse me when you are there" Jake pouted and I rolled my eyes.

"You are so annoying"

After a violent fight we both got into his car and drove off to where Blair live.

Both Jake and I were quite surprised when we reached the neighborhood. The walls were graffitied with paint and empty beer cans were lying around everywhere. Few people with the cigarettes were smoking along the pavement glaring at us as we drove past them.

"Are you sure Blair is at her house? Because she might be working right now"

"No she doesn't have any Job at this time of the day"