Chapter 23

Even though I had been here many times I was still amazed by the height of this building.

"Did I tell you that I want this?"

"Yeah yeah you already told me the first time you came here "

I was with twenty of my staff who would be working with me in Marcus's company.

I was walking to the entrance when I saw my dad walking out.

"Dad what are you doing here? "

"RJ had a meeting with Marcus. Marcus is a very good kid. He takes care of you a lot. I made a wise choice" Dad patted my shoulder and walked away earning a scowl from me.

I turned my head back to the entrance and saw Marcus talking with few people in the lobby. As soon as he saw me he walked towards me.

"Hey I'm sorry I left early in the morning. And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about the co-owner thing " Marcus scratched the nape of his neck, looking guilty.

"Well I thought you would at least talk to me about it since it's my company after all" I crossed my arms and tried to look angry but failed seeing the regret in his eyes.

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine and thank you"

There was no point in being angry. He saved my company and the least I could do was thank him.

Marcus looked over my shoulder to speak to my staff. "Well everything is already prepared for you. You may go up and find the places you will be working in"

"Yours too" He gave me a small nod and left without another word. Behind him came Steve with a huge grin on his face. His eyes were dazzling as he looked at Sarah.

He scurried towards us and gave Sarah a peck on the cheek. She giggled loudly as she look down, blushing.

"What's going on?" Anna asked looking confused.

"Only god knows" I shook my head as I walked to the elevator.

Steve guided us to where we would be staying. Marcus's employees seemed to be happy to be working with my employees although they gave me weird looks.

And I was more than shocked when I saw an extra table placed in Marcus's room.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked gesturing to Marcus's room.

"Cause you will be working here" Steve grinned merrily.

"I'm sure there are plenty of other rooms in this building" I kept my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes.

"Yes but since the contest is also coming up and the fact that you are co-owners means that Mr. Anderson will also be helping you with your work"

"So are you seriously telling me to work with him in the same room? "

" Uh-uh you are married to him..." Steve scrunched his nose in confusion.

I blinked awkwardly. "True. Okay thank you Steve"

I sauntered towards my table as Steve left. I quickly logged into our company's site and downloaded the necessary papers that burned in the fire. I printed them out and arranged them neatly on my table.

I was working on my laptop when Marcus walked in.

I didn't know if he regretted coming into my room last night. Maybe he came because I was miserable and not because he wanted to.

So I didn't raised my head and pretended to be absorbed in my work.

Two hours passed and I slowly glanced at Marcus. He was staring back at me and out of embarassment I quickly looked away and cleared my throat.