Chapter 43

I was waiting at the airport glancing at the flight arrival board once in a while waiting for Kaitlyn Jones.

I suddenly stood up from my seat as I saw a woman who looked similar to Marcus walked through the terminal.

She had her hair elegantly pulled into a bun and was wearing a knee length tight red dress looking very fashionable to her age. I ran and stopped in front of her.

"Kaitlyn?"

"Camilla?"

"Yeah"

The corners of her lips tugged in to a small smile as she stared at me.

"You are so pretty"

"Um thank you" I tucked a hair strand behind my ear in embarrassment.

"I'm so happy to finally you meet you. My son is so lucky to have a successful woman like you" she cupped my face in her hands and smiled at me.

Suddenly there was a tight knot on my stomach as if to warn me about something bad yet to happen. Seeing the woman before me made me anxious, insecure, frightened.

"Um, thanks. Let's get going shall we? My friend is already waiting for us"I cleared my throat and looked away to hide the strange feeling building up inside me.

We walked outside and searched for Ally. My best friend who again went to South Asia came back just yesterday. She helped me with all the preparations and Kaitlyn was the final touch.

I waved as a red car came into my view and Ally stopped the car in front of us.

"Hello Mrs. Jones"

Ally greeted Kaitlyn as we got in. "Oh it's Miss. I'm single now. And Jones is my birth surname" Kaitlyn said as she adjusted herself in the back seat.

"Oh my apologies"

Ally gave me a tight smile asking whether she had messed up but I just waved my hand and said it was alright.

My family and the Andersons were already waiting at a restaurant the RJs owned. I don't like having huge birthday parties for grown ups so I decided to have a small family get together.

We parked in front of the restaurant and  I saw a familiar black car already parked near the entrance.

"Shit Marcus is here. Ally can you wait with Kaitlyn for a while in the mall and come in when I tell you to?"

Ally nodded her head and I put on a  trench coat before getting out. It was snowing lightly but the coldness was still there. The city was bustling with people and even a heavy snowfall wouldn't stop the busy New York city from honking and driving recklessly.

I covered my head with my hands and ran to the restaurant for shelter. People were already wishing Marcus, giving him gifts.

"You started the party without me?" I exclaimed in shock.

"Jake told us to start giving the gifts" My cousin Thea pointed an accusing finger at Jake who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Jake, you know you are so annoying right? Always bothering me"

Jake grinned widely and snapped his fingers before my eyes. "Why dear? You expect me to love you?"

"I won't mind a brotherly love"

We started at each other for a while, blinking deliberately and then both of our faces contorted into disgust.

"Yuck!" We said in unison and moved far away from each other.