Chapter 24

I woke up to deep green eyes staring at me. I blinked my eyes until my vision cleared, earning a chuckle from Marcus.

"Hey"

I was so sleepy that I didn't even think properly before snuggling into the warm chest in front of me.

A small laugh echoed through the room and my eyes widened realising what I had just done. I quickly leaned back and gave Marcus an apologetic smile. 

"We need to get going. The Boltons are coming today"

I groaned in annoyance and strangled my face with the pillow.

Clara Bolton also runs a fashion designing company. She would also be competing in the contest and I hated her with all my life and soul.

I've known her since high school and she was the school bitch. She slept with literally anyone that would bring her to fame. But I was the smart kid and also the school's star student so she and I never got along.

And then she hated me again since I was more successful in life than her. The people who actually run her company were her parents because she didn't know anything about the business world.

I vaguely remember that she flirted with Marcus back in Florida. That pissed me off more now than ever before.

"I can't believe that I need to meet Clara" I groaned again, sprawling on the sheets.

"Why? She's nice"

Did he just freaking say that? I sat up and crossed my arms in front of my chest, trying to look as intimidating as possible.

" If you even think of speaking to her you're dead meat"

With that I went to the bathroom without glancing back at Marcus. I knew he was smirking. I could sense it through the back of my head.

I quickly closed the door with a loud thud out of embarrassment. I couldn't believe that I just said that. I sounded like a jealous wife.

After a shower I quickly sprinted downstairs so that I wouldn't have to meet Marcus.

I gulped my breakfast in a rush but my mood soured realising that I probably had to drive to the company in his car. Mine is good and well polished but anyways I had to meet him in office. So let's just get it over with.

Marcus came into the kitchen all dressed up in his suit looking as gorgeous as ever.

He took a seat across me and ate his food but the tension between us was too much.

Gosh this is embarrassing. I slowly excused myself and walked out the door to his car, unwilling to take in any more awkwardness.

As I got in he slid in after me and started the engine.

"Are you jealous?"

He smirked and I blushed a deep shade of red.

"Wh-what? Why would I be jealo- I can't believe you just asked that- you must be insan- " I stuttered while trying to utter some sane words.

Miserably failing I looked away and kept my face glued to the window.

We finally arrived at his company and I quickly got out to breath fresh tensionless air.

After composing myself I walked up the stairs to the entrance but was met with the most annoying person in the whole wide world.

Jake.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"Oh me?" He asked pointing to himself. "Oh I was just checking when I'll be getting a niece or a nephew"