Boundless - 4

Two days later

Kartik spots Sameer taking two red roses in a plastic bottle to the library. Laughing out loud, he says

"Ha! Ha! You'll propose her with red roses in a plastic bottle and she'll accept? Come on dude, I dint expect you to be so dumb! The heartthrob of college dosen't know how to woo a girl also! Ha! Ha!"

Sameer dosen't say anything but just smiles and leaves, making Kartik taken aback and confused.

He enters the library and places the roses on the table Naina usually sits in and scribbling a note, he leaves and hides behind the pillar.

After sometime, Naina enters and is surprised to see the roses on the table. She picks up the note and a smile comes on her face

Red roses, a cup of coffee and book in hand is a great start to a day. Coffee toh I can't get and books are right here. So thought I could bring these roses. Hope they brought a smile on your face as they did on mine. Have a great day ahead.

Good morning Naina!

She smiles and keeps the note inside her bag. Picking up a rose, she caresses it and keeps adoring it, making him extremely happy and another extremely angry and jealous!

" I proposed her with a bouquet of exotic flowers and she outright rejected me. This guy brought two cheap roses and she's smiling!!" Kartik thinks and fumes.

The next day, she finds a note on the table reading which, her face glows with happiness.

A step towards fulfilling of your dream has been taken. I have spoken with Aunty and she will surely teach you.
Three cheers to this success of ours!

"Thank you so much!" she whispers, intending to call him up and thank him that evening.

Yet again, this moment is witnessed by two and their reactions, you all would surely know.
This happens for a few more days. Whenever Naina is around, Sameer is at his best behaviour which Kartik and others think is to woo Naina while unknown to all, it's genuine.

And then, Sameer proposes Naina and she gladly agrees. Kartik fumes witnessing this, but smirks when he remembers about the bet.

The next day

Sameer takes Naina to his house and they meet his mother's friend Mrs. Rati Agnihotri. The previous time she couldn't make it and they had to postpone their meeting.

Rati and Naina get engaged in conversation while Sameer keeps observing Naina. The way her face has brightened after meeting Rati, the gleam in her eyes, her expressions, the instant respect in her eyes for Rati, everything made her look even more beautiful. He could feel himself getting lost in her. Shaking his head, he excuses himself and goes out to stop such thoughts from shadowing his mind.

Their relationship is boundless and once the challenge is done, she will go her way and he his. There is no point in delving on these illusions of mind. With all these thoughts, he convinces himself.

___________________________________________

Hey all!

I know this part is short. Please bear with me for that. This might not be so satisfactory as well. Please do comment your views.

Lots of love,
Pratyu