Do Badan Ek Jaan - 2

Vishakha: Sameer, I want to talk to Naina once again. What, why and all, you will get to know later. Bring her home tomorrow and yes, one more thing, you will not tell her anything about our conversation. Am I clear?

Sameer (confused but confident that everything will be alright): Okay Ma.

The next day
Evening
Sameer has brought Naina home. Yet again, she is seated on the sofa and Vishakha,beside her. Sameer has been sent inside and is in his room, as he has full faith in his mother that she will accept their love.

Vishakha and Naina's conversation

V: Naina beta

N: Ji aunty?

V: Thank You!

N(confused): For what aunty?

V: For being there with my son and making him what he is today!
Thank you for giving him love and taking care of him when he needed me the most and I wasn't there for him.
Thank you for healing my son's wounded heart which was again because of me.
Thank you for loving and accepting him despite his flaws.
(Smiles slightly)
Thank you for saving him from your father, every time he did something naughty.
Thank you for changing my son and making him a more better person.
Thank you for bringing out the hidden gem within my son.
Thank you for mending the broken relationship between me and my son.
Thank you for doing all those things for him which I dint.
Thank you for saving my father's life the day he collapsed on the road.
Thank you for coming into my son's life
Thank you for everything Naina!

Naina is overwhelmed by Vishakha's words of gratitude. Both their eyes have welled up with tears.

Vishakha takes Naina's hand in hers and

V: Tujhe pata hain beta, kal jab tujhse baat ki maine, tab mujhe yahi laga ki tum toh Sameer se bahut alag ho aur isliye tum donon ka rishta nahi tikega. Aur bura mat maanna but kyunki tum ek middle-class ladki ho, toh mujhe laga ki tumne Sameer ki shakal dekhke ya phir paison ke liye usse pyaar kiya! So I asked him that "Sameer, if you didn't have any wealth, would she have fallen in love with you?" and do you know what he said?

Naina nods in a no

V: He said with full confidence that "Yes, she would have loved me just the same"

A small smile creeps up Naina's face.

V: His confidence made me doubt my own assumptions. And then, he told me your entire story. Everything what you did for him and that was when I realised, how wrong I was, thinking about you in that way! I'm sorry beta. Mujhe maaf karde!

Vishakha foldes her hands and apologized. Naina held her hands and shook her head in a no.

N: No Ma....sorry Aunty! Please aap sorry bolke mujhe sharminda mat kijiye! Aap badi hain aur badon ke haath sirf aashirwaad ke liye uthte hain, maafi maangne ke liye nahi

V: Sacchi, Sameer ki pasand bahut acchi hain! Aur tu mujhe maa bula sakti hain! Ab toh donon ki shaadi hone waali hain toh main teri bhi maa hoon!

Naina hugged Vishakha, overwhelmed by emotions.

N: M.Ma!

And she started crying. Vishakha gets alarmed and

V: Kya hua beta? Ro kyun rahi hain? Maine kuch galat kaha kya?

N: Nahi maa! Voh...maine aajtak kisko maa nahi bulaya na.. meri mummy ko maine dekha bhi nahi! Saari zindagi bas yahi sunti aa rahi hoon ki main ek bin maa ki bacchi hoon! Pehli baar kisiko maa kaha hain!

V: Shh..Abse main tumhari maa hoon samjhi! Log chahe kuch bhi keh le!

N: Okay Maa!

V: Ab Sameer ko bhi bula lete hain, kyun? Uski toh tension aur curiosity mein bura haal hua hoga!

Naina giggles along with Vishaka and

N: Haan, sahi kaha maa!

Vishaka called Sameer and informed him of her acceptance. Sameer is on cloud nine hearing it and hugged his mother tightly.

S: Thank you so much Ma!

N: Maa, ab main chalti hoon. Bahut der hogayi hain. Chachaji se bhi baat karni hain!

S: Maa?

N: Haan kyun? Yeh meri bhi maa hain!

V: Haan! Haan! Main teri bhi maa hoon! Accha okay beta, tu jaa ab. Bahut jald tum donon ke rishtey ki baat hum karne aayenge!

Samaina blushed slightly and nodded.

Vishakha hugged Naina and kissed her forehead . Asking Sameer to drop her home, she bid goodbye to both.

She then thanked God and her father for sending Naina into Sameer's life and also making her realise how wrong she was in not accepting Samaina's relationship.

Lots of love
Pratyu