Boundless - 1

Sameer Maheshwari, the heartthrob of college and the envy of every boy in the college, enters the premises in style. Parking his bike in its usual spot and  ignoring all the gazes of the girls drooling over him, he steps inside and heads towards his classroom. That's when a voice makes him halt in his tracks.

"Oh hero! I have a challenge for you. If you succeed in it, I'll stop bothering you and accept you are better than me!"

"And what is it Kartik?" Sameer asks, turning towards him.

"Let's have a bet! If you lose the bet, you'll have to get your hair clean shaved and if not, I will have mine!"

"Then prepare yourself to be bald headed!"

"What's the hurry young man? Come with me and know your challenge first!"

"Fine, let's go!"

Kartik walks towards the library, making Sameer quite confused. They both peek in through the window and see a young but beautiful girl sitting on the chair, engrossed in her book. For a moment, Sameer gets lost in her but regains himself when Kartik whispers and says

"You have to make her fall in love with you, date her for sometime and finally dump her!"

"What the hell! I agree I'm not any good boy but this is disgusting! It's playing with her heart and feelings! I am not so cheap!" Sameer says, clenching his fists.

"Oh so you admit you don't have the guts to do it!" Kartik says smirking

"What? When did I.."

"Then do it and show! If you don't, that means you have no guts! You are a bloody coward, a false hero...(and he continues to provoke him, making him very angry)

"Do it if you have guts!" Kartik says

"Fine then, I will make her fall in love with me within 10 days. If I fail to do so, my name isn't Sameer Maheshwari!"

"Good young man! That's guts! Prepare yourself to have your hair shaved off your head!"

"Huh, that won't be needed because Sameer Maheshwari never loses a bet!"

"We'll see!"

Sameer leaves from there while Kartik looks at the girl again.

"You shouldn't have rejected me Naina! You shouldn't have rejected Kartik Malhotra! Now you will pay the price for it!" Kartik says in his mind and smirks devilishly!

At Sameer's house

Sitting on his bed, with just the bed light on, Sameer is in deep thought.

"Tune keh toh diya ki kar lega par tu yeh bahut galat kar raha hain Sameer! Usko toh tu jaanta bhi nahi hain! Uske dil ke saath aise khilvaad nahi kar sakta!"
(You have told that you will do it, but what you are doing is really wrong Sameer! You don't even know her. You can't play with her emotions this way)

"I know! But now I cannot back out! "

After some thinking, he comes to a decision!

The next day, Sameer reaches the college earlier than usual and heads to the library. He sees her there, yet again engrossed in some book. He decides to observe her for a few days to get to know how to convince her.

A peon is passing by and he immediately asks him

"Uncle, who is that girl in the library? I see her everyday"

"Why do you want to know?" the peon asks eyeing him suspiciously.

Sameer removes some money from his wallet and shows it to the peon.

"Who is she? Tell me everything you know about her!"

The peon takes the money from Sameer and reveals everything about her.

"She's Naina Aggarwal, the topper of her grade in college. She is one year younger to you. College beauty who has rejected every boy who has proposed to her....(and he tells everything he knows about her)

Taking some more money from Sameer, the peon leaves , while he decides to observe her for sometime.

3 days later

Sameer has been observing Naina. Well, stalking is same as observing isn't it?
She spends her time before classes in the library and immediately leaves the premises, post the classes. She lives in a hostel nearby and has no family.

Morning,
The library

Sameer sends the same peon in to tell Naina that the principal has called her immediately, giving him some money for it. The peon gladly accepts it and does what he's been told.

Naina leaves the book she is reading right there and immediately heads out with the peon, while Sameer hides behind the pillar.

As soon as she is out of sight, he immediately rushes towards the book and picks it up. He is a bit taken aback by the book as it is about fashion photography and he hadn't expected a studious girl like her to have interest in such things!

He is brought out of his thoughts when he hears a sweet voice

"Why have you been stalking me?"

___________________________________________

Hey guys!

So this is the first part of Boundless.
Do comment your views

Lovingly,
Pratyu