Jaane nahi denge tujhe-2

A month later.
At the hospital

Doctor: Mr.Maheshwari, her reports have come and I'm sorry to say, her health is not so good. I suggest you to take her to Vockhardt hospital, Mumbai. It's a multispeciality hospital and would be able cater to her health requirements much better as we don't have many such resources.

Sameer: Okay doctor. When can I take her?

Doctor: You can take her now. And there, firstly, you'll have to finish the formalities. Then you can complete the formalities here and we will shift her there, as it's unsafe for her to travel in this state.

Sameer: Okay doctor!

The doctor briefs Sameer about a few more things. Then, he leave along with Suman.

The next 3 weeks go in Sameer arranging for enough money for Suman's treatment as well as, arranging for accomodation for stay at Mumbai, with help from Preedit and Swamun. Chachaji and Chachiji also contribute. Though Sameer refuses, they compel him to take it.

2 more weeks later

Sameer has arrived in Bombay. He has left Suman with Chachaji Chachiji.

At Vockhardt hospital

After completing the initial formalities, Sameer is walking towards Mr. Das's cabin when he sees Kartik. His blood boils and he is about to walk away to control his anger, when he hears Kartik and his conversation with the doctor.

Kartik: Doctor, isn't there any way to save Naina as well as her child?

Doctor: Look young man, I understand, being her husband, what you are going through but please understand, this ailment is in its 3rd stage! Your wife has just 30% chance of survival! We can save either the mother or the child in such a condition, and she has chosen to save the child!

Sameer stands frozen due to mixed emotions of fury, concern and shock.
And what Kartik says next bowls him over completely!

Kartik: Doctor, first thing, I'm not her husband. Am her rakhi brother! And yes, patients having 1% chances have also survived right? So aise dekha jaye toh even she has a lot of chances of survival! Please kuch kijiye doctor! Don't worry about the payment but please save her as well! Being a mother, it's obvious she will chose her child. But being her brother, I can't see her die like this! I can't give up on her right?

The doctor pats his back and says
"I'll try my best young man man!"

Both go from there, leaving behind a shocked Sameer!

Rakhi brother....third stage....child..30% chance of survival...

These words replay themselves in his head. If Kartik is her brother, why did Naina lie that day? Why did she create these misunderstandings?

Flashback:

It's late evening when a tired Sameer returns home from work. He rings the bell but it doesn't work. So he removes the house key and opens the door. He goes in and what he sees leaves him shocked!

He sees Naina hugging a man very tightly while the man had his hands around her waist. He can't believe his eyes.

"Naina!"

She immediately breaks the hug and he sees the man's shirt open and a look of guilt on both their faces.

N: Sameer? Tum itni jaldi kaise aa gaye?

S: Jaldi? Main late aaya hoon Naina!
Naina, please bolo jo main dekh raha hoon voh sach nahi! Please bol do ki yeh jhoot hain.

N: Dekho Sameer, ab jo tumne mujhe aur Kartik ko pakad hi liya, what's the point of lying? Whatever you are seeing is the truth!

S: No! You are lying! You love me and you cannot deceive me! I don't believe all this. I don't know why you are doing all this but I don't believe this! You can never do something like this!

N: Why can't I? Don't I have my life? Why should I be bound to you and only you? Man bhar gaya hain mera tumse! Thak gayi hoon iss sab se. I am fed up of you!

The ground beneath Sameer's feet seems to slip away. He is completely devastated.

N: Look, I'm done with you so am leaving this house and going with Kartik.

S: No! How can you do this Naina? Suman is still so young! You cannot leave her and go!

N: I can and I am! I don't want any of you anymore. Niether her nor you! Huh!

That's the moment he loses his temper. Grabbing her by the arms, he says

S: Maine sabse zyaada sirf tumse pyaar kiya! Meri duniya tumse hain. Itna pyaar, voh yaadein, voh pal...yeh sab ek pal mein bhool gayi? Nahi, ek pal mein nahi. Yeh sab bahut dinon se chal raha hain, hain na? Tabhi itne dinon se tumhara vyavahaar badla hua hain!

Naina remains unaffected by his words. He takes her to the doorstep and pushes her out, while Kartik catches her. He is about to lift his hand against Sameer but Naina stops him.

S: Tumhe jaana hain na? Jao! Phir dobaara apni yeh shakal mujhe kabhi mat dikhana! Kaash main tumse mila hi na hota! Sharam aa rahi hain khudpar ki maine tum jaisi ko apne dil mein jagah di! Dafa ho jao yahan se!

He closes the door on her face and collapses against the door, crying.

Flashback ends

He comes back from his flashback and peeps inside the room outside which Kartik was seen. He sees a weak Naina on the bed.

His heart wrenches seeing her that way and he steps in slowly, with tears in his eyes.

He walks up to her and gently holds her hand. Feeling his touch on her, she softly says

N: Sameer....phir se sapna, uff! Par kam se kam sapne mein toh saath ho....yehi kafi hain marne tak! I love you Sameer!

Tears flow down his eyes hearing her words. Unable to take it anymore, he embraces her tightly!

Shocked by the sudden hug, her eyes still closed as she is in partially sedated state, she says

N: Sameer, kya kar rahe ho? Baby ko kuch ho gaya toh? Tumhari aakhri nishani jo mere paas hain, main use kho nahi sakti bhale hi use dekhne zinda na rahoon!

Sameer cries even more hearing this! He breaks the hug and keeps his hand on her tummy.

Itna pyaar kiya tumse humdum
Har mushkil mein saath rehne ka waada kiya
Par na jaane kya kami reh gayi
Jo tere aashiq ko aise waqt mein
tere saath na rehne diya
Par ab jo main aa gaya
Tujhe jaane nahi doonga
Tujhe khud se kabhi
Alag na hone doonga
Kuch samay ki yeh judaai
Sadiyon bhaanti lagti hain
Ab aur nahi sehen hoti
Tanhaai bahut hi khalti hain

Part 3 will be posted soon

Lots of love,
Pratyu