1

Esperanza's POV:

As I was trying to figure out on what to do with this Arrancar who keeps calling himself Zangetsu, I decided to check on the progress on Akari after that war for so long. As I entered, Kyoraku greeted me, "Miss Zauberin, ah, I forgot that you had your freedom request accepted." "Yes, I am here to see on how she is after so long," I said to him. He led me to her room, both of us were starting to see her moving her arms and legs, He softly sighed, "She's one hell of a fighter." "What are you going to tell her that most of the people she loves are no longer with us?" I asked. Kyoraku just looked down, "We don't, she'll find out eventually, she always has, don't forget that she always finds things out and shrugs it off. Her elementals however is a different story, just be by her side at all times." "Yeah, wait why?" I asked. He looked at her with a serious look, "Something is lurking inside of her and I don't know if it's either a good thing or a bad thing." "So, never leave her alone," I said, "I knew that already because I remember when I left her alone and I could hear her scream in fear like something inside her is preventing her to be alone even though it didn't happen when she is surrounded by nature." "That was because she was in Hueco Mundo and her memory was obscured by Aizen," said Kyoraku. I asked, "Should I get Renji, Rukia, Ichigo, and Orihime over when she is about to wake up?" "Yes but one at a time," said Kyoraku, "She might not remember for how long of a coma she is in." "Well, Unohana said that she might have that but would also remember her elementals, especially only one of them," I said, "That was Onyx." "Like what Jushiro said, she did what she had to do in order to protect that realm," said Kyoraku, "Let's leave her alone and check on her 3 days later."

I have the permission to spread the news to Renji and Rukia, "Captain and Liueteanet Abarai, I have some news." "Let's hope it's good," said Rukia, not knowing it's her Arrancar friend. I wasn't so sure if she wants to hear that Akari may or may not wake up from her deep coma, Renji looks at me, "Say it alre- oh Esperanza, what news do you have?" "It's about Akari," I said. Immediately I got everyone's attention, I guess everyone missed her entirely, I hope I get the same reaction from Orihime and Ichigo, Rukia asked, "What about her?" "I may be right or wrong about this, she's going to wake up soon," I said. Renji smiled, then Rukia said, "I hope it's true because everything is not fun or exciting without her around." "Yeah, I just hope I get my best friend back," I said, tears strolling down my face. Yeah I found out that I'm half and half, then I said, "She is a legend who is rising." "Yep," said Renji, "Are you going to tell Orihime, Ichigo, and them guys?" "Of course I am," I said, "I'm not going to leave them out." Then I left to go see the Karakura gang, I haven't seen Ichigo and Orihime after the Quincy War, I hope they are alright on where they are. So I appeared on I'm hoping it's still his home, I knocked on the door, I heard Orihime's voice saying, "Coming, just a second." Then the door opened I saw a little boy, I heard Orihime asked, "Who is it, Kazui?" "It's a strange lady with Indigo hair," said the youngling. Orihime pokes her head out, "That's a very good friend of mine. Esperanza come on in." "Thanks, sadly, I can't stay long," I said, "By the way where is Ichigo?" "Yo," I heard his voice. I looked, he looks very weird without his front bangs, I breathed heavily because I remember on how he is with Akari, "I have some news for the 2 of you."

"Well let's hear it," said Orihime. I asked a follow up, "Before I say it, what are you going to do with your old room, Ichigo?" "We are thinking on what to do with it," he said. Let's hope that she wakes up beforehand, I gave it to them, "Akari is going to wake up soon." How I know this, I got a report before I went in from Kyoraku saying 'Mmmm, make that 2 weeks.' 2 weeks is all I need to hear because I don't know if I can live this long without her, I saw Ichigo's face change from happy to serious, Kazui asked, "Who is this Akari?" "She is an amazing lady, you'll love her when you meet her," I said to him, "She's coming out of her coma within 2 weeks, I hope so anyways, because I just got an update from Kyoraku." "You better not mess with my emotions, I still remember on what happened," said Ichigo, "I can't believe that she actually did it." "Well, she did what she had to do," I said, "You would've done the same thing for the Elemental Realm." "Yeah I would," he said, "I just hope she remembers on who we are." "I'm hoping that she does," said Orihime, "but we'll help her get them back if she does forget us."

2 weeks later, I gathered Renji, Rukia, Orihime, and Ichigo to see Akari after so long, I hope that she still remembers me after this long ass coma, Isane walked out, "She's asking for you all." "So she hasn't forgotten us? That's amazing," said Renji. I asked, "Who else did she ask for?" "No one else yet," she said, "But she did notice that Unohana is not here." "That's right she always expects to see her," said Rukia, "Did you tell her on what happened?" "I only told her that the war that we were in, we lost a lot of good fighters," Isane said, "But I told her that you guys lived, I saw her smile I could tell that she misheard on what I said." "Thank you so much, Isane," I said to her. Isane added, "The person that she wants to meet the most is not one of you, I'm going to go get Kyoraku because she asked for Jushiro Ukitake." "Oof," was all I could say.

Akari's POV:

I was asleep for that long and I missed out on everything I don't know if I am being remembered after so long, I want to see Ukitake before I see Esperanza, then I saw Kyoraku walking in, he asked, "Were you calling for Ukitake?" I nodded, "What happened to him?" "He was one of the people we lost in the war," he said, "But, he took the place of the Soul King." "Oh yeah, I remember," I said, "Someone was telling me all of this while I was sleeping." "Maybe there's another soul within you," said Kyoraku, "But whatever it is, I'm sure you will be able to find peace for it." "Yeah," I said, "May I see them now?" "Alright, Esperanza, Ichigo, Rukia, Orihime, and Renji, you guys can come in," he softly shouted. I saw my hope Arrancar, "Hey, Esperanza." "Hey, Akari," she said softly. Then came in the 4, I saw rings on each of their left ring fingers, I missed their weddings? Oh I was so upset about the coma making me miss out on that important day, Renji assured me, "It's alright, we never replaced the spot that you wanted." "Esperanza volunteered to take your place temporarily," said Orihime, "Heck, we didn't know that she can change her looks, so she turned into you on those 2 days." "We always see her telling that you were there because she knew that this would happen," said Rukia, "Apparently that did not go according to plan." "I'm sorry, Akari," said Esperanza. I told her, "Don't be, I remember that storytelling, you couldn't hear or see that I was smiling and making quiet noises." "I thought those noises were coming from a mouse or there was a fight going on," she said.

After a few days after I woke up, I was told that I could go back into the Living World with Orihime and Ichigo to spend the rest of my life there instead of here, so I did, Orihime tells me, "You will love our son." "You have a child already?" I asked, "Man, I wish I could've met him, damn that coma." "Hey, it's alright," said Orihime. We walked in, I instantly remembered on where everything was, I went to where Ichigo's room would be, he sees that, "We were planning on making that into a guest room." "May I have this room instead?" I asked, not wanting things to change. He was hesitant but he could see that I do not want any changes, "Alright, I'll let you." "Thanks," I said, entering the room, it was in the same layout. The only thing that was missing was the 15 hanging outside of the door, simple fix, I snuck one out of the Soul Society with the help of Renji, it was black and the numbers were in purple. I hung outside of the door and I felt better than ever, Orihime sees this and never bothered to tell me on how everything should look, I change things to where I am confortable in my own setting. Then I noticed a photo, I looked at it, I sat it right beside me because it was a portrait of me and my 13 spirits, I missed them so much. That got me thinking, if I only lost the spirits, could I still do Fire Burst and the other moves? I went into my Shinigami form, I reached to only feel a hilt of a katana.

I pulled it out to only see that it's a falchion, the hilt of the blade was dark purple while the entire blade is magenta, is this MY personal weapon? So I put it away and started to cast Fireball, I was right, I still have those, it made me feel a little bit better. So I went back into my body, feeling absolutely relieved finding that out, Orihime rushed in, "I swear I heard someone starting a fire in here!" "Orihime, it was just me," I said, "I was making sure that I still have my element powers." "Oh, right," she said, "Wait, you still have the powers?" "I only lost the spirits, Orihime," I said to her, "I was never told that I would lose my powers." "Good point," she said, "So, what about your weapons?" "Apparently I downgraded to a falchion," I said, "Could it be my own personal weapon or is it all the elementals combined into one?" "If that was possible then you would able to see and hear them again," said Orihime. She made a very good point, the hell was I thinking, well whatever is next for me, I am ready to take that path what I am meant to do. I also spotted a file organizer filled with something, I pulled it out and all of my paychecks were there with a note saying 'To the legend of the Soul Society, may you be free from being controlled by, signed Old Man Yama.' I read that and immediately thought that Kyoraku wrote it because he was the only one who calls him that.