Chapter 7: Day 064

[[ Phone call ]]

- Incoming call from Nadia –

Guzmán: Hello, Nadia! How are you?

Nadia: Guzmán! Thank God you picked up.

Guzmán: Nadia, what's wrong? Why do you sound so distraught?

Nadia: It's about Lu. She – she's packing her bags right now. She said she wants to get on the next plane out of Madrid tonight. She can't take it anymore. It's unfortunate because she was getting a lot better too, until...

Guzmán: Until what, Nadia? What happened?

Nadia: Lu and I were out to grab some pizza for dinner, and she bumped into someone who used to go to Las Encinas. Julian or something? He asked Lu about Polo's death and she broke down. We went back to our apartment and Lu couldn't stop crying and shouting. It broke my heart, Guzmán. She's really not over what happened with Polo.

Guzmán: Shit. I'm so sorry, Nadia. Do you want me to talk to her?

Nadia: Let me ask her. Hold on... Lu? Please, are you okay? Guzmán is on the line and would like to speak with you. Do you want to –? No? Okay, okay, it's fine. Just stay here, I'll be with you in one second... Guzmán?

Guzmán: I'm here, Nadia.

Nadia: Lu said she doesn't wish to talk to anyone at all. She just wants to get out of here. Out of New York. She's hysterical! I don't know what to do.

Guzmán: What's important is that you remain calm, Nadia. I know it's really not easy to do that right now, but Lu is in a bad place and she needs you to be strong. I'll be right here, okay? Just call or text me if you need anything. I'll also let her parents know what's going on. It's getting too serious.

Nadia: {takes a deep breath} You're right. I will do my best to calm Lu down.

Guzmán: Thank you, Nadia. You're doing great. Keep me updated, won't you?

Nadia: I will. Bye, Guzmán.

Guzmán: Bye, Nadia. Take care.

– Two hours later –

[[ Whatsapp ]]

Nadia: Guzmán, Lu received a call from her father

Nadia: Her parents are flying in to see her tomorrow morning

Nadia: Hopefully I'll have positive news to share with you tomorrow

Guzmán: Yes, let's stay positive 🙏

Guzmán: And how are you, Nadia?

Guzmán: It's been a long day for you

Nadia: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exhausted, both physically and emotionally 😔

Nadia: I'm going to take a shower now then go to bed

Guzmán: Good, you do that

Guzmán: Tomorrow will be a better day for everyone

Nadia: Thanks, Guzmán

Nadia: I don't know what I would do without you "here"

Guzmán: Anytime, Nadia. I mean it 🙂

Nadia: 🙂

Nadia: Good night, Guzmán

Guzmán: Good night, Nadia