the serpent | 07

Blaise couldn't tell whether he was joking or was serious as she looked at him with wide eyes

"Blaise lift up your shirt." She finally broke up from her trance and squinted her eyes to show her confusion to him.

"You need a clean bandage on the wound near your ribs as well, it can certainly get infected if it's not sanitized properly." Octavio explained when he realized the awkwardness of the situation.

"It's fine, I'll do it later. We should get going anyways." He looked at her stern which made her instantly feel intimidated. She didn't want to provoke him in any way, but she didn't want him to touch her any more either as Blaise already knew the effect it had on her. It was as she was high on drugs and no matter which rehab she chained herself to, Blaise managed to escape back to get another taste which she always would call her last.

"Let me do it now that I'm at it Blaise." She sighed and hesitatingly lifted up her lace shirt to reveal her bra line along with her covered wound right underneath. Octavio didn't realize the severity of the situation until she did what he had told her to do.

As he gazed down at her exposed light mocha colored skin, Octavio knew he was doomed and no matter how hard of training he had undergone, this was something he was never trained under the critical years he had spent serving the military. One thing he found himself growing attracted to was a beautiful deep cursive tattooed right underneath her uninjured bra line.

His fingers seemed to have grown their own feet as they crawled to the beautiful scripture printed on her glowing skin. Octavio traced the writing with his fingers and immediately felt the Brazilian tense underneath his touch.

Blaise's eyes followed his musician like fingers that were ready to play with her body like musical keys on a piano. They twinkled on her skin as if he wanted it to be corrupted by simply his touch. When he touched the tattoo she had gotten the first thing on her eighteenth birthday, Blaise felt herself grow a deep desire for his fingers to navigate their way all over her body as if it was a map of some sort with no destination. She knew the dead end was the reserved spot in between her legs.

"What does it say?" Octavio found himself asking as his fingers continued to dance over the curvous handwriting of cursive. Blaise's skin prickled with goosebumps and she found herself wondering what else he could make her feel with only the tip of his fingers.

He finally glanced up to see her eyes already planted on his. Vicious snake green colliding with the serene forest green and calm pacific ocean blue. Blaise hesitantly looked down to where his fingers left their invisible footprints.

"Umm it's a lullaby in Portuguese. My dad told me that this was the lullaby my mom used to sing when I was still in her womb. I just wanted a piece of her with me." Blaise sadly smiled at the piece of sweet lullaby printed onto her. She heard Octavio hum in response before pulling his touch away from her tattooed skin. But, before she could feel any remorse at the loss of touch his fingers landed near her hip where yet another piece of music was tattooed onto her skin.

"How about this one?" He asked. Octavio didn't know why, but he knew that each tattoo on her held a story. It held a part of her that meant something more than words could express. He knew that she was like sticky candyfloss with a hint of tequila, always melting in the tip of your mouth.

"It's the piano notes to Cristofori's Dream. I love how the notes when played make you want to believe in magic. When I was a little girl the piano used to remind me of fairytales. Fairytales twinkling through the musical notes of an instrument." Blaise didn't adore the tattoo as much now because it only reminded her of how fairytales like such are just a mere hallucination meant to be imagined by our traitorous mind. Our mind loved playing games and the best one it knew to play was imagination. At the end of the day you know that the nightmares will hunt you down killing the innocent girl that believes in rainbows and castles.

"What do you mean by 'used to'?" She looked up at him and gave a soft smile.

"Not everyone gets a happily ever after Octavio." He knew how true those words were. He had felt it, seen it, and even had experienced it. The little boy that loved to lay in his mother's lap and listen to the rhythmic heartbeat of his unborn princess, his sister. He had it all when it was snatched right out of his hand. It's like taking a kid to a candy shop and then telling him that you aren't allowed to touch. Innocent tears bleed from the wounds called eyes until there is nothing to bleed for. That is what Octavio was, a little boy who had wanted to be someone's prince. But, he was left to be the peasant on the street, hungry for love instead.

"I shouldn't have pried at you like that." Octavio finally broke the depressing silence that was more painful than the bullets slicing through his skin. Silence could either be your best friend or your worst enemy.

"It's okay to be curious Octavio because curiosity didn't kill the cat it was the truth revealed that was the murderer." She was right, but yet he knew that at the end their still was bloodshed.

"Let me finish your bandaging." Blaise knew that Octavio was merely a mystery waiting to be solved. She knew that there was a little boy hiding inside him that was waiting to be found.

He continued to sanitize her wounded skin before repeating the step of covering it with an appropriate width of bandaging. Blaise pulled down her shirt before getting off of the stool as Octavio started to place all the medical equipment back into the first aid box.

"Thank you." She muttered as he nodded once again. He was lost in the sea of emotions and all he could do was wait for a lifeguard to pull him out.

Octavio placed the first aid box back into it's home and then walked back to Blaise who was waiting for him to finish.

"Let me go change as well and grab my stuff. We could head out afterwards." She only nodded in understanding before sitting back down onto the stool.

. . .

Octavio finally walked out of his bedroom changed and equipped. Blaise navigated him from head to toe as he was dressed in a black polo along with navy dress pants. She knew that he was fully armed knowing what he was here for, to protect her at all costs. His green eyes were a darker shade as they adjusted to the color of his top. His tattoos ran on his skin like thousands of miles on a car. There was no denying that he could make anyone's mouth water at the split sight of him.

As he continued to walk in the direction of Blaise, his cologne started to corrupt the oxygen around her. It was sinfully delicious to think how it would feel to be wrapped into his warmth away from the dangers of the world. He must have called himself a peasant, but for Blaise he was her knight and shining armor.

. . .

Thank you for reading babes! Hope you guys are doing okay. Let me know your thoughts and also make sure to stay tuned for information on upcoming events on my author instagram. I would love to communicate with you guys through there, since it's really hard to navigate comments here!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
personal instagram | jas_mine_k._
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!