the serpent | 22

BLAISE

BLAISE

"Blaise Inocencio," A deep voice from behind me pulls me from the shock Octavio's words left me in.

I turned around to see an older man that I remembered my father introducing to me at one of the charity galas. The man was one of the higher ranking government officials if I remembered right.

"Good evening," I reply with a smile as the man comes to stand next to me. Placing a kiss on my cheek, he pulled away glancing at Octavio who once again had his perfect facade firmly intact back in place.

"You look lovely darling." He compliments as he gestures for the bartender behind us.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asks as I look over at Octavio who seems annoyed for some reason.

"Oh, no thank you, I think I have had enough to drink today," I replied as he gave a nod before ordering himself whisky.

"So, how have you been darling? It's been a while since the last time I saw you with your father." I gave a sad smile and thought about what to say without opening a can of worms.

"I have been alright, how about you?"

"As good as life would treat a fifty year old," He jokes as I shake my head in amusement.

"Make sure to take care of yourself dear, there is so much more out there other than your father's death. Well I have to get back to my wife, but I'll catch you later." He gives me a kind curt of his head before walking away with his glass of whisky.

Once he completely disappears into the crowd I let my eyes revert back to the man standing to the side of me. Octavio seemed completely out of it now and I was quite done with the night myself.

"Let's go home," I tell him as he looks down at me before nodding in agreement.

Grabbing my things off of the bar table, I started to walk besides him to the exit of the Academy Hall. The heavy glasses of wine that I had sipped over seemed to really kick in along with all the pent of emotions. With one last glance of the crowd still rumbling to life in the hall, we made our way to the valet down the stairs.

Octavio quickly told the valet to grab our car and impatiently searched through his phone for the time being. His eyes were a dark green now like they become out at night and his perfect bodyguard suit was still fully on duty. He was mesmerizing to anyone's eyes. He met the eyes of everyone in every room he walked in and yet he seems to never care for even one. The thing about Octavio was that the man allowed people swoon over him, knowing at the end of the night he would only end up with the one he wanted.

The valet finally arrived from the parking garage and emptied out the driver's seat of the car. Once giving it a check, Octavio proceeded around the door to open my side of the door. I quietly got in and let him close the door behind him before he got into the driver's seat.

He glanced over at me and shook his head with a sigh as he got closer to me over the counsel in between us. The cologne of his engulfed me as his lips loomed over mine. His hand came up to my face, as he tucked one of my curls behind my ear before pulling his hand away. He finally grabbed my seat belt while looking me in the eyes and clicked me in place.

"Let's get you home l'amour." [translation: love]

I settled into my seat feeling myself to immediately drift to sleep as he drove out of the property.

-

OCATIVIO

As I parked the car in the garage, I glanced over to see her fast asleep. It was a long night for her, I could see it the way it drained the sparkle from her intoxicating eyes. Whenever she was happy her eyes seemed to grow more vibrant, like a beautiful scenery. Today at the ball, those same eyes were numb of any emotions and the funny thing is that I knew how that felt.

Cold hours in the army taught me patience and dignity, but the death of my unborn baby sister taught me the true value of time and pain. We can always chase after tomorrow, but we should never forget that it would leave us to mourn today.

I rubbed my face before unfastening my seat belt and moving around to her side. Opening the door, I smiled looking at how her curls tripped down her beautiful face and how those plump lips were still smeared in that deathly red that seemed to catch everyone's attention at the ball. She by far is the most beautiful woman I had seen and for some reason protecting her was like taking my next breath. She kept me sane for some reason, sane like I was before everything was snatched from my hands.

I tucked her curl back around her ear and bent over to unfasten her seatbelt as well. After unfastening her seat belt, I slowly pulled her out of her seat and into my arms. She was quick to press against me as her face snuggled into my neck.

I sighed in relief and closed the car door with my foot and made my way down towards the hall door. Her breathing evened out again as she got comfortable in my arms and it was hard to not saunter her into my room, claiming that she was mine.

I walked up the marble stairs and opened the door to her bedroom and softly placed her down. She immediately shuffled trying to find her spot. I smirked at how gorgeous she was before removing both of her heels and walking into the bathroom to wet a towel with some warm water.

Making my way back to her on the bed, I bent down next to her and gently removed her makeup off her face, eventually showing her cute freckles that painted across her cheeks and nose.

I pulled the covers over her, tucking her in before kissing her cheek. She smiled in her sleep before drifting off once again, I made sure the curtains were closed and then walked out of her room.

My father told me that there is going to be that one person that keeps you sane and for me that person comes in the form of Blaise Inocencio.

. . .

Thank you for reading babes! Hope you guys are having a great week, mine is going okay so far! I have finals and I'm totally freaking out, but hopefully we will rock it!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!