chapter 20

ha ha im on chapter 20!!!!!!:D accomplishment! now here is the story. sorry for the wait:( I FINALLY have more time for stories now!:)

“Oh my gosh! Do you know what I forgot?” Bell screams in my ear. I duck down and cover my ear but look up and glare at her. She is standing over me with a excited expression.

“Who is happy this early in the morning? I haven’t even had my coffee yet.” I grumble and sip on my coffee more. She rolls her eyes and goes on.

“Geez the memory thing can’t forget this. What is next week?”

“I don’t know.” I mumble.

She gasps dramatically and sits down. “My god girl you are killing me.”

“Very funny.” I give her a sour expression.

“Ok so since you didn’t know what is next week I will tell you. Its Christmas next week. Do you remember now?”

My eyes widen and I almost drop my cup. My mood instantly gets lighter and happiness flows through me as long as stupidity. “Really? I really forgot it was Christmas soon?”

“yeah.” And laughs at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was waiting for you to find out or remember.”

“Sorry I am just to busy thinking about stuff.”

“About josh?”

“And Calvin.” I correct and sigh and stare off into space into my coffee. Isabel sighs and sits down next to me.

“Crystal look at me.”

I look up to meet her gaze that has gone totally serious. “Don’t do that again.”

“Do what?”

“Space out. You would tune out everyone with a haunted gaze all the time when you lost your baby. I don’t want you like this again. Please don’t leave me.” and sadness fills her eyes. I give her a small smile and stand up.

“Ill try.”

“No you will.”

“Ok.”

We sit in silence and I think in my own thoughts. Then a light bulb goes off into her head and she jumps up happily. “Well since that serious time is over, do you want to go Christmas shopping? I have some great ideas!”

The dark look passes out of my eyes and I put a smile on my face for her. “Like what?”

“We have to do that contest like we always do every year!”  I smile to myself.

“You really want to do that this year don’t you?” she nods happily.

“Of course!”

“Great let’s make our list!”

----------------------------------------------------------

so this contest thing we do every year is a thing who can get the stuff the fastest. Its like a contest and one person goes down the list and another goes up a list. It’s a backward forward thing but it is much more fun. Throughout the year we always save up enough money always and mostly always have more than enough money.  When we are done buying the stuff, we have to run to the car and first one there wins. We figured that out the first year when we shoved each other and made a break for the car. My mom just rolled her eyes at me. This year I am suppose to go down to up. I groan internally to myself but agree since I did the first one last year. Apparently.