chapter 23

“Merry Christmas!” Calvin calls and comes into my door and pecks me on the lips. I grin and close the door but look out of it before I do quickly.

“Jeez why would you want to come over at a time like this? It’s so white out and the roads are so bad out today.” I state. He grabs me by the waist and kisses me again softly.

“I wanted to see you. And then give you this gift!” and holds out a gift of some sorts. I grin and take it and start running to the tree that was recently put up. As in recent I mean yesterday. Yeah her parents aren’t coming home until tomorrow due to a flight canceled so we put it up the best we could yesterday.

I mean it only fell on us twice.

Don’t get me started on the needles. I still have poke scars on my stomach from that.

I pull out his gift that took forever to think of and run back to him happily and kiss him on the cheek once I reach him. “Here is your gift!”

He takes it softly and shakes it slowly and grins. “Is it breakable?” I shake my head.

“Guess again.” he jiggles it again. I laugh at him.

“Just open it!”

He carefully unwraps it and holds out the box. “Oh wow a box. I love it.” I laugh.

“Open the box silly.” He shakes his head.

“You got me.”

“Just open it doofus.” His eyebrows rise.

“So were calling each other names now?” I shake my head.

“No. Just open it already!” He shrugs.

“Well I just hope it’s not a ticking time bomb.” I mentally slap myself at his dumb comment. He would be the one to say that.

But he opens the box and a holds out a shirt that I knew was his favorite color and a movie inside of it. He gasps and picks it up and looks to me with shining eyes. “How did you know I’ve been looking for this like, my whole life?!” I smile and hug him.

“Just say you love it.” he hugs me back tighter.

“I absolutely positively love it! Thank you Crystal.” He murmurs into my hair. I smile in content. He pulls away and looks at me in questioning eyes.

“Seriously though, how did you find it?” I shrug.

“I don’t tell.” I muse. He just shakes my head.

“Thanks. Now go open yours!” and turns me around and walks me to my gift. I laugh at his eagerness. So I pick it up and shake it. A small jiggle comes out of it. Like a necklace clasp.  

I un-wrap it and stare down into the necklace. I was right.

It isn’t exactly what you would call beautiful. Big and tacky if anything. A round blue gem in the middle and a long thick chain ruining it more than anything else. I give a huge round smile at his effort and give a hug.

“I love it!”

“I thought you would. It is just like the color of your eyes. Do you?” he motions to my neck. I look down and realize he wanted to put it on. I nod eagerly, fake, and turn around and wait for him.

He takes it out of the box and swipes my hair back lightly and clasps the horrid thing to my neck. Then a light pressure happens to my neck and he kisses it all the way down.

 My face heats up but I turn around and kiss him face first. Our lips meet hungrily and he moans softly.

“God, this is awesome.” He mumbles. I laugh at him, feeling happy that he loves this. As for me? I just won’t say.