Chapter 8*

**Calvin POV**

I watch her walk in school again since the accident everyone heard about. She seemed different. Besides the way she dressed and walked, everything was different. Worst thing was, she barely remembered me.

 But why would she?  I was only the unimportant guy she left a year ago. I had a massive crush on her for years before making any move on her. I blame my chickeness for that part. I could barely talk to a girl before her.

So when I saw her at her own birthday party, I got drunk enough to make myself confident enough to talk to her. I did eventually make a move, which she was drunk enough as well to flirt back with me. We ended up going into a bedroom sloppily making out and well…..

 She doesn’t remember anything that because she was so drunk but I remembered everything.

 After everything happened, she left after her parents came looking for her right after we came back down and she left me.

 Just like that.

 But she promised to see me at school the next day. I figured we would be a couple or something like that. I couldn’t have been a happier man.

 Then the accident happened and she didn’t come see me. I walked all over wondering where she was worriedly, then her friend Isabella told me she was in the hospital. Then she told me as I was leaving to be careful to her because her parents are dead.

I rushed in then devastated, while trying to comfort her at the same time.

I healed her out of her misery. Out of her spiraling depression that was coming in in tidal waves. . Or I thought I did.

Turns out there was another guy ‘healing’ her as well. Only, it happened much quicker than I did. She fell for him instead of me even though I was trying my hardest to win her over.

No matter how much I hated him from there on, but Crystal and I stayed friends. She still doesn’t know how much I love her. It probably sounds creepy but I always have. It’s just a thing about her that you can’t help but loving. Maybe it’s the eyes. Maybe it’s her thick curls. Or maybe it’s her attitude, no matter what; she always seems to try to see the positive.

I know it’s a mean thing but maybe if she can’t remember anything about Josh she might move onto me? I set my sights on the exotic beauty in front of me and make my way to her. She was struggling to get some books out of her locker.

“Hey crystal what goes on?” I grin helping her getting that fat book out of the locker and into her little arms.

She gives me a small smile from her pretty pink lips. “God, I don’t know anything because I forgot it all and now it’s twice as hard. They assigned me a tutor though. That’s the only thing good today I guess. What about you Mr. cocky?”

I scoff, crossing my arms and leaning against the locker next to her. “I’m not that cocky. And my day was good thank you very much. So who’s your tutor?”

She gives me a real smile and her eyes light up- like fourth of July. “Josh.”

My temper flares. Of course he would volunteer to do that. That little son of a-. I keep my voice light and airy as I say the next few words. “Wow good job. I hear he’s really smart.”

She nods. “Yeah he is. Hey, look I got to go. See you sometime today okay?”

“Yep.” I smile at her and wave her goodbye but walk off steaming, stringing off curse words in my head.

If I want her like I say I do, I have to step it up. bring it on, Josh.

May the best man win.

---------------------------------------------