chapter 11

He is tutoring me when he asks the question.

“will you go to the winter dance with me tomorrow?”

I lay down groaning. He gives me a strange look. I then explain to him.

“cal asked me today too. I don’t want to hurt anybody.”

He sighs and puts down the calculator.

“well who do you want to go with.”

“I don’t know.” I mutter.

“what do you mean I don’t know?”

“I mean I don’t feel like playing with any of you guys! Im not going to toy with you until Im bored with one!”

“well then don’t do that. Its as simple as that.” He states calmly. I sit up frustrated.

“is that what you think? If I look at one someone gets jelous. If I ask one then I hurt the other. Its not that simple.”

“It can if you want it to.” He calmly says.

I think of the person and smile.

“I know who Im going with.”

“who?”

------------------------------------------------------------

we are standing in the enterance.

“ready to have fun?” I ask.

Bell replies laughing. “yes. Im so glad you picked me.”

“hey no need to be scarsastic.”

“but Im just so honered that you picked me instead of them” she says dramatically putting a hand in the air waving it around.

I roll my eyes at that. “lets just go.”

We walk down and start dancing in the cafeteria. Yea. That’s where it is held. But honestly you never would of known that this was a cafeteria. Snowflakes and lights were everywhere and it was just so good.

“I love what they did here. Don’t you think.”

She nods laughing at our dance moves. My dress flowed along with me. I absolute loved the feeling.

After awhile of dancing with bell there comes on a slow dance and a guy pulls  her away from me and she smiles at me  and looks at him and laughs at something he said. I go over and stand there awkward and a shadow comes on over to me.

“want to dance?” he asks huskily. I look up and its cal. He looks absolutely stunning in his tux. I smile at him graciousoulsly.

“yes. Thanks.”

He pulls his arms around my waist and I put my arms around his neck. “for what?”

“for making me look not so lame.”

He chuckles. “glad I could help.”

We dance in silence after that. It was a comfortable silence don’t get me wrong but I wished we kept talking.

“you look beautiful today. You should do that more often.”

I smile and blush at him. “thanks. You too I might add.”

“I look beautiful?” he grins.

“no. handsome.” I laugh at his bad joke.

The song stops and there is a fast one again. I let go and start dancing and he follows along grinning at me.  by acouple of songs I am sexily dancing against him and he is following my moves with happiness in his eyes I haven’t seen in awhile.

He stops after some time walking off. I follow him.

“whats wrong?”

he looks at me pained. “i. I just want you to myself. And I know I cant have you unless you agree that you don’t like him anymore.”

I sigh and look at him. “I cant promise that but ill try for you.”

He smiles at me. next thing I know, he is softly pressing his lips against me. I am surprised but answer him back.

**flashback**

I look at him through my drunkenness.

“You sure?”

“Never been more sure.” He responds and kisses me full heartedly.

We lay down and kiss more hungrily. I feel excitement. This is it. This is what ive been waiting for.

He stops suddenly and looks at me. “I love you. Don’t forget that?”

I smile at him. “Never.”

**end of flashback**

I gasp and pull away at that memory. He looks at me with a worried eye. I compose myself and smile at him.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to do that… I think I stepped on my dress.” I look down and blush at my pathetic lie. He laughs at it and holds me tighter.

“Nice one. Usually it’s the guy but this time it’s herself stepping on her own dress.”

I swat at him. “Rude.”

He laughs. “But you know it’s true.”

I roll my eyes. “Whatever.”

He smiles and looks away. Curiosity got the best of me.

“What?”

“Just like old times.”

I groan at him.

“Seriously? I can’t remember old times. Tell me.”

He blushes for the quickest second. “Oh yeah sorry, it was when we were going out for a short period but you broke it off.”

There was awkward silence. We weren’t even dancing to the right song anymore.

“What happened?” I ask quietly.

He looks down at my small figure with pain in his eyes. “I don’t know. I honestly don’t know but you got depressed and broke things off and then you were along for the longest time but josh came around and helped you.”

There was bitterness in the end of that sentence.

“Oh...”

“Yea”

 we are silent for a long time. I am tapped on by bell.

“want to dance with me?” she asks.

I look at cal and he lets go smiling.  “sure.”

She pulls me away and drags me away and I give him a help look. He laughs and waves. i groan at him and follow her finally willing to go her way. When she stopped there is excitement in her eyes.

“what happened?”

“what?”

“you and cal? You guys kissed back there and you didn’t push him away. do you like him?”

I smile to myself turning allittle red. She opens her mouth in shock. “you do! don’t you?!”

“kind of.”

“that’s good! Now guess what happened to me?”

“what?”

-----------------------------------------------------------

ha ha don’t hate me for the cliff hanger but I had to cut it off at some point. I didn’t want the whole winter dance in one chapter. That would be too short. WAY too short:)  but don’t hate me for it and stop reading. I want more people. My 90 something readers for the WHOLE book is lame. Really lame. So comment and please tell other people to read this. I would love that.

Thanks!!:)