chapter 26

“Where were you?!” Bell screams when I walk through the door. I grin as I take off all my stuff.

“I remember almost everything.” She stops short of her little yelling spree and her face lights up.

“Really?”

“Yeah.” I blankly answer and start to think of more stuff that I’ve forgotten over the year.

“So?” she trails off and walks up grinning even creepier. I stand back scared by her actions.

“What’s with the creepy grin?”

“Now that you remember almost everything, do you pick a guy?”

“Now do I have to tell you that?” I grin just as creepy as her. her face blanks out and then changes to a begging and pleading.

“COME on tell me! Ill be your friend forever!”

“You are my friend already.” I inform her and walk to the kitchen.

“What’s for dinner?” I ask her parents politely.

“We have prepared ham for today actually. I hope you still like that Hun.” Her mom grins. I smile and slightly laugh.

“Yes I still like that, hope its good!”

“Tell me!” Bell whines in the background. They all look to her and grin.

“She will tell you sometime soon just wait Isabel.”

“But it is important.” She whines some more. The parents chuckle and go back to the food that they are preparing as sides.

“She can go now. Now you can take her.” She grabs my hand before I can protest and drags me down the hall and into her room. I stumble along but manage to not trip at all. Score.

“So what do you want to know?” I grumble and yank my hand away from her grasp. She sheepishly smiles and walks around.

“Now that you remember some stuff, what guy would you choose? I want to be the first to know.” She states eagerly.

“I don’t remember everything. And just so you can blab it to everyone first.” I say dryly. She nods not understanding what I just said to her.

“Exactly. So choose.”

“Did already.” I calmly say and give her a wink. Her mouth drops open and surprise flits her face but lightens up so much more.

“WHO?!!”

“I can’t tell.” I whisper and put my finger to my lips and walk out the door dramatically.

“It was Josh wasn’t It.” she calls calmly. I turned, now the surprised one.

“How did you know?”

“It was a much better match than Calvin. Just so much better couple. And your face said it all when you walked in the door Christmas morning and when Cal visited I could see the disappointment.”

“But still how did you figure it out.”

“You were meant to be. Anyone could see it when you two were around each other. Except you.” she explains.

“So the catch is that, how am I going to tell Calvin?” I explain softly. Her face contorts in a weird position.

“I don’t know. You just have to do it before everyone finds out and tells it for him.”

“But how?”

“I don’t know. Just…. I don’t know.”

-----------------------