j i m i n ' s b i r t h d a y s p e c i a l

disclaimer: the events in this chapter do not pertain to the storyline.

side story 05: part 1

The second I hear my name called, I jump out of my seat and straighten out the folds in my pencil skirt. I take a huge deep breath and follow the unknown women through the dark halls and into the interview room, where I am to sit on a chair in front of three prestigious people in the company and defend myself for the position. I hate interviews.

"Hello," I woman calls with a comforting smile, "Your resume please?"

"Of course." I step forward and gently hand the lady my resume with a small bow.

She flips through the papers and a pleased smile emerges on her face, "Good evening Ms. Kim, please take a seat."

I do as told and return her look of content.

There's a moment of silence as my resume is passed around before one man, who sits between the two other people, speaks up, "How soon can you start?"

"Oh—well—" I begin but I'm cut off.

"Immediately?" He tests.

"I suppose so."

"Great! You're hired!" The man jumps out of his seat and gestures me with his hand to follow and look between the other two people in confusion and they seem to be just as shocked as I.

"Mr. Jeon what are you—?"

The man, Mr. Jeon, cuts off his colleague.

"Ms. Kim, would you be so kind as to follow me?" Mr. Jeon tenderly asks, I hesitantly agree and he makes his way quickly out of the door.

I follow Mr. Jeon all the way through the maze of halls and finally, he stops at one door and enters it at his own accord, without knocking.

There's a man in the room, who sits in a large desk that looks small in comparison to his vast office, the man, without looking up from the paperwork he was writing on, groans, "How many times have I hold you to knock, Jeon?!"

The man slams his pen onto the table and finally looks up, at first surprised at my presence and then annoyed when he sees Mr, Jeon shrug, the man at the desk groans again, "You know what, Jeon, you're not worth my time. Who is this?"

Mr. Jeon claps his hands together, startling myself and the other man, "Your new assistant!"

The unknown man and I exchanged shocked glances... wait, he was serious when he said that I'll start immediately?!

"Assistant?? What the hell!? The interviews haven't even finished yet Jeon what are you thinking!" The man I identify to be the CEO of the company, Mr. Park, yells in outrage.

Mr. Jeon shakes his head in disapproval at Mr. Park's words, "I am positive that we won't find a better candidate Jimin."

Mr. Park sighs once again, probably fed up with Mr. Jeon, "Fine, fine. If you insist then whatever, I don't care. If she can do the job well then she's good enough."

I take that as my cue to speak, "I'll work hard not to disappoint sir."

Mr. Park nods in my direction once and then addresses Jungkook again, "So, fine, she's my new assistant but what is she doing here?"

"I don't know.. don't you have like,, work to give her or something?" Mr. Jeon teeters on his heels, looking around the room, avoiding eye contact.

Mr. Park lowers his head and bangs it on the table once with a loud groan, he looks up and addresses me again exasperatedly, "Now this, Ms......"

"Kim."