e l e v e n

Sungjin and I casually stroll hand and hand (as we do often) along the school's cement sidewalk, making our way to the tennis courts for my tryouts.

"Sunnie," I start, calling for my best friend with the nickname I had given him, "what did you put in your art club portfolio anyways?"

The tall boy separates our hands and brings his previously occupied hand to the back of this neck and rubs nervously there. Sungjin looks away and to the nature surrounding us, I don't think much of it. "...Nothing crazy..." he mutters modestly.

"Can I take a look?" I suggest, lifting up my palm for him to hand over his phone, which I knew contained his digital portfolio.

I observe his jaw tense as he reaches into his front pocket to pick out his phone. He taps away on it momentarily before placing it into my hand. I open up the file folder labeled "art portfolio" on his phone.

"Sungjin?" I call assertively.

"Hm?" The male questions and pouts as he turns his head to directly face me.

"Please tell me this is a joke." I sigh in disbelief. He flashes me a guilty smile as I continue to look through the various literal stick figure drawings in his portfolio. I groan and lock his phone without another word and hand it to him, he puts it back into his pocket. We leave it at that as we reach the tennis courts and I finally take off the bomber jacket (that I had conveniently stolen from my best friend). Sungjin gives me a look of serious displeasure as he analyzes my outfit. I fix my uniform mini skirt and tank top momentarily before looking up and locking eyes with my best friend.

"Why the—" he scoffs as I jokingly twirl around in the skirt, it was so short that it even revealed my spandex shorts from underneath when I spun. Sungjin quickly shuffles closer to me and reaches over to cover my thighs, "The hell! Why is your skirt so short?"

He proceeds to grasp the bottom of my skirt and pull down sporadically on it, revealing my stomach instead. "Cover up!" He squeals, throwing me into a giggling fit.

"Stop it werdio!" I yell in between giggles, "It's the tennis uniform!" I point over to the courts in which all the other girls were dressed similarly and he stops pulling on my skirt, finally realizing the situation and noticing a few lingering eyes. I smile at the cute boy's embarrassment as he takes a seat at the bleachers and covers his blushing cheeks with his shirt collar, pulling it up. I adjust my skirt back to his normal shortness and pick up my racket.

"S-Sorry.." Sungjin mumbles, he dropped his hold on his shirt collar and lifts his hand up to his head and ruffles his own hair nervously.

I can't help but to smile again "Don't worry about it Sunnie~ I'll be done soon!" I run over to the tennis courts without waiting for Sungjin's reply, knowing very well that everyone there was waiting for me.

Upon my arrival a seemingly older man in a sleeveless top (that quite beautifully revealed his very toned arms...) and basketball shorts calls the girls together. With that I notice a familiar figure at his side, Taewon.

The silly boy waves to me and I kindly wave back.

"Hey everyone!" The boisterous older man cheers, "My name is Jung Hoseok— please just call me Hoseok though!" Everyone politely greets him, some even lovingly calling him 'Hoseok 오빠' which only brought me to roll my eyes.

"Let's start off with the big points— I'd like to get everyone here today on the team, but that's not possible without all of you showing your commitment! These tryouts are only for you to see if you like the sport and to determine your placement in the startling line up! How many of you have never played tennis?" Quite a few hands, not including mine, rise.

Hoseok smiles at that, "Alright then, let's start off with how to properly grip your racket." He demonstrates and we obediently follow, brushing up on everything was good for me.

After a few more instructions, demonstrations and tips, everyone it able to mock a forehand in the air. "Everyone got it?— Great! Let's try a couple of the real deal!"

We form two lines on the (hope world) baseline and Taewon and Hoseok feed us balls to our forehand, I feel myself get progressively better with the continuous practice. Feeling a little more comfortable with the racket after almost a year of not using it, I decide to practice my forehand slice but my aim slightly falters and the ball goes straight to Hoseok's..............

HOLY—

he catches it fast enough and saves his future babies in the process.

"That was a good," Hoseok comments, slightly out of breath from the sock, "b-but we should work on your aim."

a/n
Word Count: 828

ayo hitman bang introduces, Foul | Park Jimin - Chapter Eleven - 
I'm back!

side note: I was really close to giving Sungjin the nickname "SJ" ...how American of me I ended up settling with "Sunnie" (like Sunny!) and I think that's still cute