Chapter 29 - Blood

“Where the fuck is he?” Alonzo Senior asked.

Salvatore, and Eddie, looked at Sin to answer. The three men were in the office at Willows. 

            “Upstairs with the doctor. He’s going to be fine, but he’ll be on a cane for a long time, at least,” Sin said.

            “And what the fuck happened to you?” Alonzo said, pointing at Salvatore’s bandaged shoulder.

            “Nothing it’s a scratch,” Salvatore said, defensively.

            “We got the thing done,” Sin said, annoyed at Alonzo’s bad mood. They had just killed their biggest threat and Donny was going to live, yet Alonzo Senior still maintained his pissed off and disappointed disposition.

            “Yeah a real clean job of it to I hear,” Alonzo Senior said.

            Sin ignored the insult, “I want to talk to Al.”

            Alonzo shook his head sadly; “He isn’t talking to nobody right now.”

            “What? Why?” Sin asked, concerned.

            “He got shot up,” Alonzo Senior said.

            Salvatore and Eddie both delivered a hundred percent attention back to Alonzo Senior after hiding their heads for the last few minutes. 

            “Is he-“

            “He’s alive, just…furious. He had the vest on,” Alonzo Senior said.

            “Thank god,” Sin said, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

            “Yeah the driver…you know that electrical guy who came around not too long ago?” Alonzo Senior asked.

            “No…oh wait, fuck me…that was the guy?” Sin asked, in disbelief.

            Alonzo Senior nodded; he pulled out a very fat envelope, “This is for the boys who did the thing. I put a bit extra in there myself for Donny’s medical expenses, make sure he fucking gets it.”

            A few loud knocks on the door stopped the meeting and Sin made his way around Alonzo Senior to open it. Alonzo Junior and Sammy were waiting, both looking shaken up.

            “Come in, we’re just finishing,” Sin said.

            Alonzo Senior put his hand on Alonzo Junior’s shoulder, “You okay kid?” 

            “Yeah,” Alonzo Junior said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

            “Alright,” Alonzo Senior proceeded out the door and turned back just before closing it, “One other thing I forgot to say…Al wants you lot cracking as many fucking skulls on the street from Chuck’s family as possible. He said be as ruthless as you can…send a message to his remaining imbeciles.” 

            Brendan shifted about in his chair uneasily as Fin lingered about unnecessarily. The laundry business was unusually quiet and none of the workers appeared to be in today. Rai’s three bodyguards were sitting outside the door smoking and drinking coffee. 

            “So what will you do now you have no boss?” Rai asked.

            “Sit down with the other generals and come to an agreement,” Brendan said, jumping a little in his chair as Fin put a cup down on the wooden table causing a small noise.