Chapter 24 - Delivery

Brendan and Charlie sat on opposite sides of a table in the warehouse; tonight was the biggest deal they had ever been part of and everyone had a part to play. The warehouse was fully lit up inside and the two lieutenants were accompanied by two minions sitting by the door. Security was tight as planned a few knocks struck the fortified door and Brendan nodded at a soldier nearby to open it. Rai walked in smiling with his three bodyguards.

“How’s it looking?” Rai asked.

One of Brendan’s soldiers closed the door and Rai’s bodyguards stood close by the door obediently.

“Beautiful,” Brendan said, nodding to a pile of mini fridges; stacked on top of one another.

Rai swiftly walked up and open the door to one of the fridges to find cocaine stacks by the kilogram from top to bottom, “Very nice.”

“The boxing bags are also very nice,” Brendan said, pointing to a pile of boxing bags laid out on the concrete floor.

Rai unzipped one and took some false stuffing out to see that it had been nicely packed with heroin, “Thomas is on his way with my guys,” Rai said.

Charlie pulled his zip lighter out of his back pocket and lit up a cigarette, “So uh, do we have the goods?”

“It’s coming,” Rai said, reassuringly.

Brendan and Charlie exchanged concerned looks.

“It’s coming?” Brendan asked.

Rai smiled, “I don’t take part in transactions, neither does my protective detail. Because I am not involved in anything.”

Brendan nodded in admiration of the precautions Rai took in day-to-day business, “Smart.”

“So am I meant to take all the fridges?” Rai asked.

Charlie took a puff of his cigarette and shrugged, “I don’t give a fuck…that’s how we got it you can take it out however you want.”

Half an hour passed by before the convoy arrived. Thomas Salks walked through first, followed by Rai’s men. “Detective,” Rai said, as Thomas stretched his neck muscles.

“Rai...Brendan…Charles,” Thomas said, shaking each gangsters hand.

“It’s Charlie,” Charlie said, bitterly throwing his cigarette to the ground and squashing it out on the sole of his black boot. 

Rai pointed out the fridges and boxing bags to the six Koreans waiting for orders; he spoke in his native tongue and they each nodded and one ran to the door waving more in. They began picking up the fridges first as another four men came in with football bags and placed them on the table.

Brendan unzipped one to see it packed with submachine guns – Charlie began checking the others; two of which were packed with cash.

“Want to count them now?” Rai asked.

Charlie laughed, “We’ll it soon,” he said, as two Koreans walked by him with a mini fridge.

Detective Salks rubbed his hands together, “I believe it is a fucking pay day.” 

Brendan made his way over to the safe sitting by the functional fried and opened it; he counted out five bundles of cash and handed them over to Thomas, who stuffed them into his jacket pockets.

“We ready to go?” Thomas asked one of the Koreans when there were no more fridges or boxing bags left. The entrance boasted four black SUV’s of Rai’s with three unmarked police cars escorting them.

The man merely shrugged.

“What no fucking English?” Thomas asked, annoyed.

“They’re ready when you are,” Rai said, startling the detective from behind.