Keeping the peace

I got to The Wreck and walked to the back. Kie was sitting in the office, I could tell she had been crying. I  tapped on the door to let her know I was there. She immediately wiped her eyes.
"Kie." I stepped in the room and shut the door.
"I hate John B right now."
"What happened between you and Sarah? Talk to me." I sat on the corner of the desk.
"We went to school together years ago. I hated it there. I was about to basically slit my wrist until the queen b asked me to go the beach and save sea turtles. It was a perfect day, and I actually thought we were friends."
"Okay... so it sounds like you guys were close." I was shocked. "So what changed?"
"She turned on me. Just like I know she will turn on John B."
"Maybe we should give her a Chan- "
Just then the door opened and Mr. C popped in. "Hey, T. I need you out here."
"Okay. Coming."

Kie and I worked our shifts. We were finishing up when John B, Pope, and JJ walked in. Kie scoffed, took off her apron, and grabbed her stuff. "I'll talk to you later." She walked right past them and out the door. The boys walked over to the counter.
"So what did she say?" John B asked
"It's not looking good."
"It's a no brainer. You're picking Kie." Jj said
"Look. I can't make that decision."
"So we are just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" Jj spat out
"You really wanna go there." John B shot back
"Hey." I said trying to diffuse the tension. "We can't do this without Kie. You know that."
"And I can't do it without Sarah. You wouldn't do it without JJ. Besides we have a plan, and T, we need your help."
........
"Whoa, whoa, whoa... hold up, let me get this straight." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "You want me to lie to Kie and lock her up with Sarah? Have you completely lost your mind?"
"I told him this wasn't a good idea." Pope agreed
"Think about it. We trap them, with no where to go. It forces them to talk through this shit." John B argued. "It's the perfect plan."
"Really? Do you know anything about women? You have like a one in ten chance of this working in your favor. Kie hates that girl."
"We have already told him all this. The plan is a go."
"You agreed to this?" I looked at JJ. He put his hands up defensively.
"Hey, the original plan was to leave you too, as a referee. I talked them out of that one."
"Ha, Really?" I shot my glare back to John B and Pope.
"It's about the gold. Remember?" John B leaned down on the counter towards me.
"400 mil baby." Jj said trying to put things back into perspective. "Whatever it takes."
Shit.
"Whatever it takes." I rolled my eyes and huffed. "Kie is going to kill us."

———-

Pope and I were pulling up to the dock to pick up Kie.
"Here we go." I said releasing a deep breath
"We got this. Code red!" He shouted to Kie.
Kie climbed in the boat. "So what's going on?"
"JJ and John B clonked out on the marsh. They need a tow." Pope said speeding off.
"Can't they do anything without us?" Kie looked at me and I faked a smile looking away quickly.
We pulled up to where the boat was stopped.  Kie immediately climbed out. Pope and I started pulling away quickly. I turned just in time to see John B and JJ jumping in the water swimming towards us.
"What the hell, guys!" Kie shouted from the boat. She bent down and I saw Sarah come up from where John B must have locked her in.
"Are you serious?" Sarah shouted
"Get your asses back here!"
"Not until you guys figure it out!" John B said pulling himself onto our boat. JJ pulled himself on board and came to me shaking his hair flinging water all over me.
"T! Seriously! You agreed to this?!" Kie shouted to me.
"I'm sorry girl! I was outnumbered on this one!" I shouted back as JJ came up behind me and wrapped an arm around my chest, waving goodbye to them with the other arm.
"Traitor! I will kill every single one of you!"
"There is food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt!" Pope hollered.
"Love you guys!" John B was laughing
"She is pissed. You guys better hope this works!" I said leaning my head back on JJs chest.

That night we all lounged around the chatteau imagining what could be happening on the boat.
Jj and I laid on the hammock, while Pope and John B sat in their chairs drinking their beer.
"You think they have made up by now?" Pope asked us.
"I hope so. This has to work. It's the only way." John b answered.
We sat in silence for awhile. All of us lost in our own thoughts. After everything we had been through we needed Kie and Sarah to get along so we could finish what we started. We had come this far. We all needed this.
"I got five bucks that says Kie threw the first punch." I said suddenly filling the silence.
The boys couldn't help but laugh as we started placing our bets.

"Forget your keys or something?" John B mocked  the girls as we approached the boat the next morning.
"Need a tow."JJ said
The girls watched as we approached. No indication that our plan worked.
"Look who's back." Kiara said as the boat came to a stop.
"Still hate us?" I asked
"Yeah, whatever." Kie said climbing into the boat.
"Yeah that sucked." Sarah said following.
" so did you guys, ya know?" John B said still trying to read the situation
"Reconcile our differences?" Sarah asked
"Not even close." Kie answered
"But, we are willing to work together." Sarah crossed her arms and looked at all of us.
"You know what. That's victory!" I said satisfied with the answer.
"Whooohoooo!" Jj shouted as the boat drove away and we all headed to our next mission: getting in the well.