Love it when a plan comes together

The mood had changed drastically. John B opened the package, finding a tape recorder. We all listened as we heard Big John tell his son, he found the royal merchant. John B had broke down and we didn't know what to do to comfort him except give him our company. Go for the gold, kid.

I laid in the hammock with JJ. I laid on his chest as he played with my hair. Kiara layed at the end. We all sat in silence for awhile, until JJ finally spoke.
"How much was it again?"

"Four hundred mil." John B said scraping at the label on his beer bottle.

"Let's talk split. Now before you say evenly, I am the only one who can protect us from those groupers." I looked up at his face. I couldn't help but laugh. He looked so serious.
" you aren't even trained!" Pope shouted
"Seriously, you didn't even have it when we needed it. Top notch security!" I added giving him a thumbs up. He yanked the hair he was twirling between his fingers playfully at my insult.
"That's a five percent jump, any objections?"
"Yeah!" Pope and I said at the same time raising our hands. Jj grabbed my hand and brought it back down to his chest.
"Great, I don't hear any objections." He said holding my hand down as I tried to raise it back up. Kie started asking the group what they would do with their 100 mil. We all laughed when it got to JJ.
"You full kook? No effing way!" I laughed swatting his chest. "You can't go five minutes without swinging on them now!"
"I would. Full kook." He looked down at me. He was serious. Kie asked me. I froze. I have never even thought about what I would do with that kind of money. Never could have dreamed of it.
"I don't know actually, I haven't thought about it." I wasn't lying. I don't think I believed it was reality. This was a adventure with my friends. Could this be for real?
"To going full kook." John B said raising his beer and taking me from my thoughts.

The next day they made plans to head to JJs job to sneak on the computers. Unfortunately for me, I was all my grandma had to rely on, so it was back to work for me. I hated missing out and helping with the plan, but they knew I had responsibilities.
"400 mil isn't going to wait on me. Go without me. Just be careful." I told them when they tried to object. Since the phone lines were still down I had no way to contact them and see how the plan was going. That is the part that worried me. The sun started to set and I was waiting on my last table of the night. The Johnsons, an elderly local couple who always tipped well.
"Alright." I said writing down Mr. Johnson's order on my pad. "And how about for you Mrs. Johnson?"
"Oh I'll just have my usual oysters and baked potatoes." She said with a smile. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist and spin me around. I turned my head. JJ.
"Wha-" I started to say. Jj bent down to my ear and whispered, "we got it baby!" Planting a kiss on my cheek, he set me down and looked down at my pad. "Oysters great choice Mrs. Johnson." He winked at her and went over to where John B and Pope were sitting.
"I am so sorry about that. Let me put your order right in." I left the table with a smile. They did it. They freaking did it. I put the ticket in the kitchen and turned to see Kie talking to her dad. I figured it was the usual free food talk. I finished up the night waiting on the Johnsons. When they left I joined my friends at the table so they could fill me in on the events of the day. Jj pulled me into his lap as he told me about his Oscar worthy performance in the junk yard. John B and Kie were dancing, I noticed Pope watching them. I got off of JJs lap and walked over to the counter where he was.
"Hey, we are still on for deliveries tomorrow right?"
"Yeah, yeah for sure." Pope responded peeling his eyes away from Kie. I smirked after noticing him staring at her.
"I'll meet you at the dock. I have an errand to run for Gran in the morning."

I finished tucking Gran into her bed. She was so excited when JJ and I came home, she stayed up telling us all kinds of stories from her youth in the OBX. Jj loved listening to Gran. She always treated him like family. JJ wasn't used to that. Looking back, she was probably the only parental figure he ever had in his life. I turned off her light and closed her bedroom door. I opened my door to see JJ sprawled out on the bed. He looked huge on my tiny twin bed.
"Is she out?" He asked opening his eyes as I shut the door.
"Like a light." I said turning out the light in the room and walking towards the bed. I climbed in and cuddled up to JJ.
"We are testing the camera in the morning. Wish you could be there." He said stroking my back slowly.
"Me too. But I have to get Gran her medicine. I'll meet you after though for the delivery." I looked up at him. "JJ?"
"Mhm." He moaned out
"They know. Kie told me."
"Yeah I figured. I kind of told John B."
"Oh.. wow." I was shocked. He had talked about what happened. To this moment I still didn't know what we were. Not making it weird. That's how he put it. What was that?
"So, not to make it we-" before I could finish JJ put his hand under my chin and lifted my head. He crashed his lips on mine. This was the first moment alone we shared since everything happened. He slowly pulled away, his hand still on my cheek. "You're my girl. Always have been."
He pulled my lips back to his. That was all I needed to know. I was his girl, and I needed him. By the way he was pulling my body to his, I could tell he needed me too.