Midsummers

JJ tuned to look at me. He had more cuts on his face than he did the last time I saw him. I knew where they were from. The gun was still pointed at his dad. He looked back down and lowered the gun.
"JJ. It's okay." I whispered. He finally moved and with long strides came to me, wrapping me in his arms. He started to sob. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tight. He pulled back slightly and I placed my hands on his face gently. Our foreheads still touching he looked in my eyes.
"I'm so sorry." He said, tears streaming down his face.
"I love you." It was all I could say. I slid my hands into his hair and pulled his head back onto my shoulder. With one hand I slid it down his arm, until it reached his hand holding the gun. He slowly released his hold on it, and I took it.
"Let's get out of here." He finally whispered.

We hopped on his bike and headed towards John Bs. We pulled up and saw cars in the driveway. We weren't sure who they were, but knew it wasn't good they were there.
"You think he is in there?" I asked him as we knelt down behind the house.
"I don't know." We sat for a minute, not sure what our next move was. Suddenly we saw John B cutting through the yard. Before I had time to react, JJ was up running towards him. "Shit, JJ." He had tackled him down, taking John B by surprise, he started fighting back. I got up and ran to where they were rolling around, checking to make sure they didn't draw the attention to anyone that was inside.
"What are you doing?" I heard John B grunt from under JJ.
"They are watching us." Jj said pointing towards the house.
"Who?" John b asked looking around.
"We don't know. But there are people here. Come on. We gotta get out of here guys." I said helping John B up.
"I got some big news guys, but we have to hurry." John B said while sprinting towards the dock.
JJ grabbed my hand and we started chasing after him.
"This better be good John B, it's been a shitty 24 hours." I yelled as we ran.

John B told us all about the past 24 hours he had. About tannyhill and the translation of the note, oh and Sarah Cameron. So maybe there was good news after all. Only bad news, we were sneaking into midsummers. We started pushing the boat onto land as we made it to the party.
" I need you to get this to Sarah." John B said handing JJ a folded up note.
"I don't know why Tay can't do it." Jj said throwing me under the bus.
"Because this has "JJ" written all over it, besides, I can't go in looking like this!" I said pointing to my shorts and tank top. "I'll be caught immediately. Besides you are sneakier than me!"
"Can I read it?" He said starting to open the note
"No! Just get it to Sarah ok?"
"Sure thing, vlad." I said leaning over and reading the note in JJs hand. "Your totally macking Sarah Cameron."
"Shut up. No I'm not" he argued
"Totally macking." Jj said winking at me
"I'm doing it for everyone ok? Now hold still."
John B threw a tie around JJs neck while he threw on the button up.
"If I get ambushed this is on you remember that." He walked past John B over to me. He reached up and placed his palm to my face.
"400 mil baby." He said with a smile then leaned down and gave me a quick kiss.
As he ran off John B just stared at me, eyebrows raised.
"What?" I asked. He just stood there, a smirk plastered on his face.
"Nothing." He said looking away quickly laughing.
"Sarah Cameron. Spill"

John B and I waited for a while in the shadows. JJ had been sent to the lions den and all we could do was wait. He filled me in on Sarah Cameron and his plans. I knew he liked her though. It was evident. I reminded him that Kie was going to literally murder him, but we would all split the gold evenly when he was gone.
"Alright, I have to go meet Sarah. Are you going to be ok?"
"I'll be fine. JJ should be back soon. Go."
He ran off towards the party. I sat for about 10 minutes. No sign of JJ. There were too many kooks in there. Something could have gone wrong. I decided to sneak up and try to find him. I walked towards the house. There were a few people out on the bottom floor balcony. They caught sight of me and threw me dirty looks. Fucking kooks.

"Tell me what the hell is going on, just tell me the truth." It was Topper. I saw him grab Sarah's arm.
"I am telling the truth" she said.
"Cut the shit."
"Hey- let go of her, Asshole." I interrupted walking towards them. I walked over to where they were standing as Sarah ripped her arm from his grasp.
"Are you lost pogue?" He said looking at me like I was trash.
"Topper, enough." Sarah said taking a step back from him.
"Sara-"
"You heard her. Walk away." I stepped up next to her.
He nodded his head, a smirk spreading on his face.
"Hey, Let me asks you.. how is your boy Pope?"
My hands balled into fist at my side, blood boiling. I started to take a step forward when Sarah grabbed my arm.
"Walk away Topper. This conversation is over." Sarah was serious. Topper let out a chuckle, turned and walked back to the party.
"Thank you for that." She seemed embarrassed by what I had seen.
"Your boyfriend is a dick." I said looking in the direction Topper just went in. I scanned the crowd to see if I could see JJ.
"Yeah he is, but he's not my boyfriend any-" she started to say until we heard shouting. The music stopped.
"Hey mandatory power hour at Rixons, Kie?" It was JJ. Causing a scene as usual. I smiled and shook my head.
"Well, that's my Que." I said making my way towards the commotion.
"Hey Taylor? Thank you." She said. I turned to her as I continued walking away.
"Yeah, sure." I smiled and ran towards the chaos. I made my way through the crowd of kooks that had formed to see the show.
Pope and Kie were already running towards where John B and JJ stood.
"There's my girl! " JJ yelled as I made my way to him. I jumped in his arms as he spun me around, and me and the pogues ran away from the Kook party of the year.