4;Zane

I slumped onto the bed. It was dark inside, it didn't matter anyway, because I can see in the dark fine.

There was a girl curled into a ball next to me, her eyes wide open, fearful. I grinned, pouncing on her, like a predator. She winced in pain, as in dug my full set of teeth into her skin. The slightest taste of her blood, & I was hooked.

It was like a drug.

I was addicted.

At first I hadn't felt the arational quakes, the sound of her hoarse voice breathing in & out of a scratchy tube, the "choo" from her nose.

Sick.
I detached my fangs from her bloodline, bones,soft flesh, & pushed her off.

" Your sick," I puffed out rapidly pushing my hands through my greasy hair, " Gotta call a nurse..."

" No,they'll kill me," the girl clinged onto my arm.

The familiar quake, so heart wrenching. I would not pity a mere mortal.

Never.

"I could keep it a secret..," I said, making sure not to hint into my thoughts.

She breathed out slowly, tears streaming silently down, onto my arm, " Thank goodness... there's...no one to trust...but-

"If," a wide grin beginning to spread across my face,"You become my slave, while I'm in..treatment."

She clasped, all hope of being "ok" flushed from her body as she left the space below my arm, letting go.

"So-

"So nothing, I am not becoming your servant" she snapped.

Feisty. I loved it.

She thought her words meant something, but they were nothing. She would regret turning me down, I was stronger,I had the advantage here. She was not about to slip through my hands.

" Your choice" I said, taunting.
I sat up, & started to get off the bed when- " Fine... I'll be your...-

"Slave" I said as cunningly as possible.
The word sent a shudder down her spine, it pleased me even more. She was fragile, I had the choice to protect or shatter her.

Her fate in my hands.

" Ley me see your face" I said, reaching to stroke her hair.

She pushed it away.

" Touchy much" I muttered, shoving my hands in my pockets.

She sat up, chestnut hair covering her face. LI brushed it behind her ear. The touch made her tremble.The moment I saw it, I was instantly calm. Ice blue eyes, almost white, appeared, fear behind then, with maybe a bit of hope.

I wouldn't hurt her.

I wouldn't.

I pushed away, facing the other direction. I had never been so mesmerized by anyone I ever met,& a human...... was she even that, or an angel.

I shook my head. My mind was playing games with me. This was merely a girl I could enslave here, use her. Not an angel.

Ever.

She shifted back, lying on her stomach, facing the white pastel ceiling. The quaking started, & she tried to desperately cover her hand with her mouth, but she was much to shaky.

And fearful.

I turned to face her, studying her for a while, before clearing my throat,"Your name is??"

She looked up at me,suprized, as if she had just witnessed a murderer, "Gwen," she said, using her hands to prop her in a sitting position.

Gwen. The name gave me an accelerating feeling, making my heart skip a beat. It was a new name for me, unique in every way. She almost looked like a Gwen, but I felt like she was more of a Teri. Non the less her name was

Gwen.

Gwen.

" What about you last name," I asked, " Sweetheart."

She looked down at the beige colored sheet, pursing her lips together, "Goodwin," she said, "Never call me sweetheart," she added, looking me bravely in the eyes.

I was fascinated that she had dared, look me in the eyes. It was a showdown, & neither of us daring to back down.Eventually Gwen couldn't take it, & glanced away, facing the wall.
It was silent for a long while, before I placed a hand on her shoulder.

" Rules"

Gwen spun around looking at me attentively. I smiled.At least she was paying attention.

" One, bring me all your mortal food, I haven't had it in ages," I said patting my stomach.

She looked at me with a strange expression, " You're going to kill me that way," she exclaimed.

" I won't let u die, sweetheart"

Gwen opened her mouth to protest, but I got talking faster.

" Two, do whatever I say,whenever u say, if you decide not to, then your on your way to hell darlin," I said staring her down.

"Okay"

We went silent for a least 10 minutes, not moving, only the sound of the fan whirling, could be heard.

I straightened my back up hoping off the bed at going for the door. I stopped at the door.

" Just getting at nurse to escort you back"

She pressed herself flat against the wall.