1;Gwen

I dedicate this to AuthorRachelMorgan  &
natashapreston

They have both deeply inspired me!!

Enjoy!!

I open my eyes, a white light blinding me. I sat up blinking, rubbing my head raw.

Bang.

A treacherous pain burst through my head. I wanted to scream but my voice got caught in my scratchy throat.

Where was I?

As I knew it, everything around me started to loom into view. So beds, people in scrubs,some unfamiliar lady in front of me, trying to talk to me. I tried to make sense of what she was saying.

"Sorry... I can't... under-stand"

"Ma'am"

The voice came in like a clap of thunder. I covered my ears wincing. She scribbled something down on her notepad and hurried to treat the next patient. Her words were coming to me now,at least bits of them.

"Special... blood....hospital....."

"Hospital," I breathe the words out an awed.

The lady returned.

"How are you feeling dear"

I stared blankly at her. Her hair was pixie cut, and a dark shade of brown, that sat perfectly on top of her head, she had hazel eyes, like the leaves that crunch beneath my feet during the autumn season,and on top of all that she had a smile with perfect teeth it. I blinked,and clear my throat before answering.

"Fine....I'm in the hospital?"

She hesitated before nodding politely, and scribbled something else on her notepad.

"Can I ask how I got here?"

She looked up at me with the shocked expression on her face.

"Ma'am, I've already explained this to you,three times," she said, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah but my ears were blasted, I didn't understand what you trying to explain to me," I exclaimed.

She sighed, "Kid you're in a special place, with a special condition, your blood was drained, he took it too far," she said, looking at me with pity.

I froze. Who took it too far? Who drained my blood? I didn't give anyone permission to do that!! Did I?

She continued, "We, BRSC, Kidnapped you, every once in a while we have to kidnap kids for our program. Rehabilitating bloodsuckers. Vampires and other bloodsuckers, feed on blood until they get better, human blood is the best for their health and the most regenerating for energy. The vampire sucking your blood, took too much, so you wound up, in the rehabilitation center for recovering kids."

It was a lot to take in. Sure this all made sense, open till the bloodsucker vampire thing. Did she think I was that naïve to believe her little fairy tale? I bit my lip. It was all I could do not to break into hysterical laughter.

She examined me for a second, "You don't believe me, do you?" she said, challenging me.

She smiled, her teeth suddenly getting longer and narrower, if that didn't make things worse, her eyes started to change to shade of dark red. Her teeth were now fangs her eyes were solid red.

I stared back in the horror.

" Believe me now," She asked, in a deep unnatural voice.

I nodded.

She slowly transformed back into our sweet innocent human form. I was still bewildered by what I had seen and she grinned smugly at my expression.

My stomach dropped.

"Now," said examining her notepad, "Since you're recovered, I need to take you back to your cell."

"My cell," I blurted out.

"Yes, have you forgotten that too" she said, irritably.

I shook my head, " I'm afraid so... mis-"

"Sierra."

"Right," I muttered.

Sierra grabbed my wrist, and drag me off the bed, I'll but almost fell at the embrace. She grunted and dragged me off to the left. I struggle to follow her, tripping over myself. I stared down at my long gray T-shirt and pair of purple baggy sweatpants. I didn't recognize these clothes. Sierra stopped immediately in front of a tiny cell, only the size of a large cardboard box, and a few inches taller than me. She fumbled angrily with the keys tightening her grip on me. I winced. Sierra finally found the right key and open the door.

Without warning, she pushed me in, making me slam my face against the cement wall. I heard a loud clang and a key turning to lock the door. I heard Sierras heavy footsteps leave. I was all alone. I hugged my knees to my chest, and began to sob.