12;Leon

I pushed up off the wall, slipping my grip off Gwen. I stood, briefly taking a glance at her, examining her position. She was slumped over, & had dark circles under her eyes. She was tired,

' Weak '

Zane motioned for me, opening the doors of the cell. I was glad to leave, it was getting depressing in there. I had to do it though. So I could be with her.

We walked down the halls, where the sounds of screeches of children echoed off the old, peeling,wallpaper on the walls. Zane was in front of me, confidently leading the way down the hall. He seemed so calm and collected, yet I felt as though I could somehow snap him. Like a twig. Zane had extremely good looks, and could get any girl he wanted without a dought . He also seemed like the player type, easy going, lazy, not taking girls seriously, as if they were his toys. He was strong too, but I'd still have a good chance of beating him in a fight if I struck first. Not that I'd want to fight him. I squinted as I came in contact with a bright light at the end of the hall. Zane stopped, and casually leaned against a bedroom door, with a red X spray painted on it. Who did he think he was? A bad boy??

" So, how did it go "

"Fine.." I said staring at my blue converse.

I could feel his hot gaze burning holes in my soul. I shuffled my feet, trying to ignore tension. I couldn't do this forever. Not with him. Ignoring him was no longer a option.

I deeply sighed, before meeting his gaze, " She struggled a bit... but she obeyed to pain."

"Pain"

The words brought shivers down my back, the way he said it.... wasn't right. Gwen shouldn't have to be in pain. She was innocent. But thus was the price for my freedom. No amount of guilt would stop me from becoming free of this hospital.

He nodded, "Good, make her obedient, and I'll make you free."

"Really?"

" didn't I promise that," he said, winking at me.

Somehow....I didn't believe him.

Or trust him.

He veeredto the left, as we entered a damp part of the hallway.

Interesting.

We walked silently, only the sounds of screeches,screams,cries,and torture could be heard.It made me uncomfortable, to hear so many kids suffering, all in the hands on demons. I shivered as we passed a air vent. It made my blood go cold. Finally, we turned right, coming to my cell.

A loop.

I shuffled in, not giving a glance back, as the metal door, clicked back into it's original position. He gave me a sly smile before heading off to the left. Zane's footsteps made a hollow echo sound as he walked away, but it vanished.

He had stopped.

The screeching sound of the rusty door, was enough to make me cover my ears. I heard someone jump up from the slick segment. It was Gwen. How I wished I could see her. I knew she was beautiful, and truly had a kind heart. I was only hurting her because I had to. Gwen was as innocent as the rest of us, but I couldn't risk having feelings for her. I wished I could hold her hand and tell her everything would be ok. But I wasn't sure it would be.

" Get up princess."

She clasped down on the cement again, gripping the bars in the grate between us. Her knuckles were white with rage, and I secretly hoped she would win. That this nightmare would be over. She could be my savior. Our savior. But she wouldn't be.

Noticing the marks on her arms I gasped. There were red fingernail marks all around her wrist, and up halfway to her shoulder. Did I do that?? I didn't realize I was so powerful. This newfound power sank into me as I stared into the space between the grate.

Suddenly sitting up, I easily peeled her fingers off the grate's bars, and she went flying from the bars. It was just too easy.

I her her crying, as Zane once again opened the door, then slammed it. The sounds echoed through the cells, making my ears ring with rage. I wished for it to stop. For her to stop crying. All I hoped was that Zane was treating her respectfully. Really,what did I care??
I sighed, leaning my head against the wall, shutting my heavy eyelids.

My thoughts wandered off to my sister.

Cameron.

She was my younger sister, 12 to be exact, and she was so scared to come here. So young. She had long, straight black hair, that went down to her thighs, with brown eyes to match. Her sweet British accent, made you know she was a loving person, the minute you met her. I hadn't seen her yet, but I was hoping Zane might know where she was. I wasn't leaving without her. My little sister. Cameron.

Images of the last time I'd seen her face, flashed through my mind, as I struggled in discomfort, at my unsettling thoughts.

* Flashback*

Cameron playfully wiggled a worm in front of my face, making me gag.

Sisters.

" Stop it," I said sternly, flooding my arms across my chest.

Aunt Rai had left for the weekend, leaving me in charge of my sister for the weekend. She said she was going to a meeting, but I highly doughted it. She spent most her time either gambling, or smoking on the side yard, polluting the whole neighborhood with a musty smoke smell. Rai was probably at a casino. Again.

Cameron and I were playing in our backyard, since Oregon finally decided to have nice weather. We rarely went outside,even in the summer. It was just to wet and cloudy.

Cameron scooped down, a grabbed fistfuls of something brown.

Mud.

"Camer-

Before I could finish, I was pelted by disgusting clogs of dirt and mud. It was all over my pants, shirt, and then some in my hair.

I pushed her down, putting my hands up in fury. I was dirty. I hated it when she did this. She acted so immature for her age. I brushed off dirt, before stepping inside. I looked through the window, collected with dust, at Cameron, who was sobbing sitting in the dirt.

Ugg.

I went upstairs taking off my shirt, and hopping in the shower.

After my shower, I quickly got my clothes down, and headed down stairs. Cameron would be furious I pushed her. On top of that, she be worried that I left her. She always worried,even though there was nothing to be afraid of.

"Cameron?"

No answer.

I sighed,"I'm sorry Cameron."

Still no answer.

I peered out the window, but she wasn't there.

Panic rose through me as I grabbed my coat, and headed for the woods. I grunted, as I took heavy footsteps throughout the mud, still drying in the sunlight. I started calling her name. She knew not to come here. Aunt Rai told us not to come. I even told her. Cameron hadn't listened. She was a child.

My thoughts trailed on, when I heard a screech.

"LEON, LEON HELP ME!!"

I ran, faster than I ever could, stoping at the clearing where she was. I froze. A darkly cloaked man had her in his grasp, and another one was right behind me.

A/N: Did you know Leon was teamed up with Zane?!?

Neither did I lol!!

I just got the idea a while ago, he was essentially gonna be a minor character.

What did you think of Leon's flashback??

How about Cameron??

I have a lot of great ideas and surprises for this story, I'm so excited to share them!!

Thanks for the 563 😆😆
Thx ILYSFM guys!!!

I'll update soon ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️