2; Zane

I stared at myself in the mirror.
Nothing.of course I would never be able to see my reflection, I was a bloodsucker. Everyone claims that I was very handsome, maybe even the best looking around here.

I pushed off the wall heading out of the locker room. I started down the hall pushing hands through my hair.

How long had it been? Two days? Still no recovered kids. The receptionist was making me wait.Starved. Weak. Things I never wanted to face. I need to recover fast and start soon.Now.

I slam both my hands down at the receptionist's desk.

"Where's my human?"

She stared up blinking at me, then started,"Well...we...I mean...of course I..," she trailed off.

" I said, where's my human," demanding the answer, I clenched teeth.

"Zane," she began reaching out to put a hand on top of mine.

I move them off the table, turning to face the opposite direction.

"Zane," she tried again, this time I turn to listen, my arms folded across my chest, stiffly.

"I know you need to get better, but we just don't have anyone who can give off the bloodshed, it may take two more hours, or two more days, just hang in there," she said, looking apologetic.

I didn't need to be pitied, even though that was probably this lady's job to "reassure" people.

I slapped her across the face. "You idiot, can't you tell I'm dying, but you aren't doing a damn thing about it!!""
I became limp. I fell,feeling suddenly sick, and pale.

The lady rushed over to me and gave a silent "Oh," then it turned, and called for nurse immediately.

I felt myself being lift up by an angel, then dropped on the cloud.

There was a new person there, a man, he gave me a quick smile and I began to shift backwards awkwardly.

"Ugh," I grunted.

"It'll be alright, Zane."

"Mkay"

I was transported down and unfamiliar hallway that smelled of alcohol rub, and lemon. We made a turn left.
The headache began to swell the longer I lied on the stretcher.

I lifted a hand in my head. No fever. I heard the door knob turn, as the man wheeled me into a comfy looking room. He placed me on the couch, and tossed a throw blanket on me.

The receptionist girl came in, a worried look on her face.

"Now she's concerned," I muttered.

I moaned in pain.

"Faint...limp...unstable"

My vision began to blur, and I knew was about to pass out for sure.

"We've got him his human."

That was the last thing I heard before blacking out.