Chapter 25

Standing outside the door, I start knocking rather loudly while looking around me everywhere. To be honest, I know for a fact that I'll regret doing this in the morning, but my brain doesn't want to comprehend that.

Maybe it's because of how close to death I was today, or maybe it's because I'm really fed up with this stupid 'S', it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I want that person out of my life for once and for all, and the only way I could see myself reaching that is by combining my power and ideas with someone else.

Ideally, someone, who's going through the same thing I'm going through. 

Riley, to be more specific.

Ever since I...accidentally heard her conversation with her friend this morning, I knew that I had to get her on my team, but I just didn't know how to talk to her about it. After all, I can't just tell her that I overheard her talking about getting blackmailed because her father is laundering money.

I don't think she'll appreciate it; especially with our not so friendly history. At least, I wasn't going to do that before, but after tonight, I know that I need to act fast before 'S' manages to get rid of one of us.

Anxious that I'll get caught knocking on someone's door past the curfew, I bang my hands against the door even harder. Stupid move if you ask me, but I am getting desperate. I don't stop until the door is finally opened by a girl, who I vaguely remember seeing standing behind Riley when we were fighting on my first day here.

"What is going on?" The girl asks sleepily while rubbing her eyes. I guess I kind of forgot the fact that it's three in the morning and that most of us have lectures at eight in the morning.

Oops, my fault.

"Aren't you the girl who Riley doesn't like? Wait, what are you doing here now? Don't you know what time it is?" The girl asks angrily once she finishes yawning and gets a good look at who I am.

"Yes, I'm the girl who Riley probably doesn't like. However, that doesn't matter. I really need to talk to her now, it's kind of a life or death situation," I say hurriedly in one breath while looking around to make sure no one is coming.

"Not that I think Riley would care if you die - no offense - but she's sleeping, so you can come back in the morning," she says, and then moves to close the door. Unfortunately for her, I quickly place my foot between the door and the wall before she could close it.

"Are you going to wake her up? or should I come in and wake her up myself?" I ask rhetorically, sounding a bit mean. I know that almost getting killed doesn't give me a pass, but right now, I can't get myself to care about that. "Because I'm not leaving unless I talk to her."

Normally, I would never ever talk to someone like that. And honestly, if I was in the girl's position, I would've probably slapped me by now, but in my defense, I really need to talk to Riley about a life or death situation.

I look at her expectedly, waiting for her to let me in, or maybe try to wake Riley up. However, she stands there looking at me blankly. Deciding to take matters into my own hands, I lightly push past her and enter the room, ignoring her protests.

I knew for a fact that she can't call security because if she does, then all three of us will probably get expelled, so I don't give her protests much thought. Barging in the room, I head straight to the figure huddled under the covers and lightly poke her, not knowing what other way would be appropriate to wake her up.

I don't think you need to worry about the appropriate part after forcefully entering the room.

Noticing that the poking isn't really working, I lean down and shout into her ears - despite the soreness in my throat - like I always do with Lena. "Hurricane!"