Chapter 3

Loud incoherent chatter filled the hallway after the girl's 'statement' until the loud snap of my key card echoed. This made the whispers cease gradually as if everyone was waiting for either Lena's or my reaction.

I have to say that I honestly tried to calm myself down as to not snap, but I unfortunately failed. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm going to hit her or anything. I just want to reply to her actions and words, but before I could even open my mouth, an angry shout erupted from the girl standing beside me, also known as my best friend.

"Why would you do that? It's not like we're trying to forcefully enter the place or something, this is actually our dorm now. Maybe it belonged to your friend before, but it's ours now, so excuse me." Lena shouted before she pushed past the girl and tried to open the door using her card; however, it was apparent that her plan didn't work by the sound of a second snap.

So, here we are at the dean's office waiting alongside with parents, who apparently got our dorm number and came searching for us only to see a particular person punching another person in the face. 

Then they dragged both of us and the girl to the dean to solve the problem. And, while the dean is talking with the girl inside his office, we're getting scolded outside even though we did nothing wrong. Well maybe Lena punching the girl in the face was not exactly right, but she provoked us.

"We have to go to the housing office and get you both a new dorm." My mom mumbled.

"Lena talked to the receptionist who connected us to the office, and they told us that there are no other dorms available." I was really tired, and I know that my parents will start their infamous disappointment speech at any moment.

"I am really disappointed in both of you. How could you get in a fight when you haven't even been in this campus for a whole day?" and here it is, the speech that I'm sure will not end anytime within the next half an hour, "Honestly, I expected so much better from the both of you. When did we ever teach you that violence is the answer? You should have just reported the girl, but no, yo-"

Thankfully mom's rant was cut short by the sound of a door opening and the dean coming out along with the girl who still looked angry.

"I've had a talk with Miss Riley over here, and she has something to say to you, don't you Miss Riley?" The dean asked rhetorically and looked at the girl, miss Riley, expectantly.

"I'm sorry."

"Good, I want you to know that the university haven't given up on her case and the investigation is still open. I know she means a lot to you, so if I get any news, I will inform you immediately. You can go now." The dean addressed the girl before turning to us, "I am really apologetic that this happened to you on your first day here; however, I have to tell you that the kind of behavior that you showed today is unacceptable and will not be tolerated here again, so I hope that it was a one-time thing, okay?"

"Yes sir, I'm sorry," Lena muttered quietly.

Leaving my parents to talk to the dean, we both started heading to the reception where we're supposed to be given new key cards.

"What do you think happened to that girl?" Lena asked me.

"I don't know, but from what that Riley girl said, I think she went missing last year, and they still haven't found her yet."

"I wonder how she went missing."

Me too, maybe I'll search the internet later when we're all settled in, but I guess I'll have to ask someone for her name first. But, now I have more important things to think about, so pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, the day passed by in a flash of unpacking and saying goodbye to my parents, and that consisted of many tears from my mom along with many warnings about avoiding getting into any more fights with anyone, and before I even knew it, I was laying in my new bed about to drift off to sleep.