Chapter 12

Aurora's POV

I feel like I'm constantly being watched.

This feeling has been following me for the past two days. It's gotten to the point where I'm always looking around me to see who's there. I've also been doing bad in almost all of my tests, and it's all because of the paranoia that's slowly eating away at me. Ever since I started getting that feeling, I haven't been able to sleep, eat, study or focus on my classes nor exams.

And the problem is that I don't know if it's me trying to live in one of my mystery stories like Lena always says, or if it's something that's really happening. But, the question is, why would someone follow me?

I haven't talked to anyone here but Blake and Riley - if you consider our fight on the first day here as a talk. And I don't think that I managed to upset either of them that much, so it doesn't make sense for me to feel stalked.

However, the stalking thing isn't the only thing that's been bothering me because surprise, surprise, Lena has started ignoring me after we watched that movie together. I really thought that we both moved past our fight, but the fact that she's the one ignoring me even though it's her who's in the wrong proves that we still have a lot of problems to solve.

Overall, life has been taking its toll on me making me wish that I could rewind time to just two months ago when Lena and I went on a two-day road trip to the beach with out other high school friends.

Oh, everything was so different back then, I was different back then. We were just a bunch of happy teenagers who swore that we will make the most out of our university years while staying best friends forever.

But look at us now. Lena and I had the biggest fight we've had since becoming friends more than ten years ago, and I fear that this was just the start. In addition, I've lost contact with my other two 'best friends'. Both of them disappeared and stopped answering my calls a week after I moved here.

So much for being best friends for life.

Opening the door of the hall where my criminology class is being held, I step inside only to find that I'm the first student here. Sighing, I sit down at the end of the hall and promise myself that I will actually focus today.

Everyone has told me that times flies in university, and before I know it, the midterm exams will be here. And since I'm planning on trying to get high grades, I have to start focusing again. I can't let my paranoia make me lose focus on what my dreams are.

I start to take out my stationary and then open my notebook to write today's date. However, as soon as I open the notebook, a note falls out of it and onto the ground. Getting a strange feeling, I stare at the note for a while trying to remember if it were actually me who put that in here, but I come to the conclusion that it wasn't me. Maybe it's Lena apologizing to me, but again, who am I kidding? That girl would never pick up a pen and write down a note voluntarily. It's too old-fashioned for her.

I continue to stare at the note until it gets suddenly picked up by someone, startling me.

"What did this piece of paper do to you to make you glare at it that way?" a familiar voice asks amusedly. "It will burst into flames if you continue staring at it like that for a few more seconds."

Snapping my head up - I find the same guy - who not so kindly made fun of me on the first day of classes when I spilled my hot chocolate on myself - staring at me with his annoying smirk. I look at him confusedly for a moment before turning to look at the hall which to my surprise, was half-filled with students.

When did all of these people come here?

"I wasn't glaring at it. Besides, why do you always keep appearing out of nowhere?" I snapped at him, which I must admit was unnecessary because the boy hasn't even done anything mean to me.