Chapter 16

Unknown POV

I am in deep trouble.

I can't believe that they found her body, I thought I had gotten rid of it once and for all.

But no, I had to ruin things by not making sure that the body would never be found again. That has never happened before, and I'm ashamed of myself for letting this happen.

But again, I've never killed an actual human being, they were animals, and animals are easier to deal with than human.

The first-ever creature I've killed was a cat, my cat. I had a cat, Maestro, when I was ten years old, and I loved him immensely until he bit me while I was playing with him once. There was blood, a lot of blood for such a small bite, and blood is something that I despise. No, not any blood, my blood. I hate seeing my blood, that and needles.

I had to go take five injections. That's when my hate for him started, and I started planning the right time to get rid of him without my parents knowing that it was me.

So I had to act like I still loved him for a full week before that one fateful night when I 'borrowed' a knife from the kitchen and decided to take Maestro for a - let's say - night walk. And since my parents never locked the front door, it wasn't hard to leave the house at night.

That night Maestro shed blood like I had just a week earlier because I had stabbed him with the knife killing him instantly. I then buried him in the backyard of the empty house next door, just in case someone found his body, but no one ever did.

The hardest part was not the killing itself. No, it was the next day when my parents sat me down to tell me that Maestro had apparently escaped. I had to pretend to be upset and cry in sorrow or else they would've discovered that something was off.

That morning I discovered that I'm a pretty good actor, so I joined the drama club at my school and continued my acting career all through school and into college. However unfortunately, I had to stop last year after what happened with Alexis.

Two years after Maestro 'escaped', my parents surprised me with yet another pet, but it was a dog this time. I have to admit that the tiny toy poodle was really cute, making me like her immediately. So I named her, cloud, for she had white soft fur that resembled the clouds.

Cloud became my best friend, and I would take her everywhere I could with me. I had truly loved her, but clearly, she didn't love me as well. If she did, it was not as much as I loved her because she kept insisting on tearing my clothes and shoes.

The first time she chewed my favorite socks, I forgave her and told her not to do it again, but she did. She chewed on the pair of shoes that my uncle got me from France, and that's when I knew that I had to do something about her.

Cue my trusted 'borrowed' knife; however, I couldn't bury her in the backyard next door because the house was now occupied, so I had to think of a new plan.

I knew that our neighbor's teenage son, who was going through his rebellious phase at that time, went hunting every Sunday. I also knew that his dad had hunting knives, so after I took care of Cloud, I put her body on the front lawn of our neighbors' house.

"Mommy, mommy, I think the neighbor's son killed Cloud. Her dead body is thrown on their yard," I wailed to my mom the next morning while sobbing my heart out. I knew that the crocodile tears that were running down my face along with the little collapsing act I did on the floor would be convincing enough.

Let's just say that the neighbor's son is probably still grounded to this day. I can go on and on telling you about my little adventures with pets who angered me, but I wouldn't want to bore you since they all had the same outcome.