Chapter 21

I'm not going to lie. I'm don't want to go back to the university because I have no idea what I'm going to do about the stalker person or the police, who probably want to frame me for Alexis's murder.

Deplorably the two days we spent back home passed by so quickly, and right now, I was forcing myself to sit still in the taxi on our way back to the campus. Going back home reminded me of how easy my life used to be compared to now.

Oh, how I wish I could turn back time and change the way I handled everything. Everything would've been different right now.

I've also been doing some thinking, and I'm really curious to know how 'S' knew that I had the journal in the first place. Was it because they saw it in my bag? Or was it accidental?

I guess I'll never know.

Or maybe you will. Who knows?

I really need to do something about that annoying voice in my head. Is there a way to shut it up? I guess I'll have to ask the therapist, who Lena is forcing me to go to when we come back for the winter break.

Oh, please. Like you'd know how to live without me.

Yup, I need to do something about it.

On another note, I know I said I'll finish all the entries before I get back, but I got swamped with too much work, so I didn't have the time.

However, I think that I did something smart. I have a photocopier in my room at home, so I photocopied every single page in the journal. That way, if I - for some reason - am forced to give the journal to the stalker slash murderer, I'll still have a copy of it.

I wonder what would happen if I try to outsmart 'S' by giving them a copy instead of the journal itself. I bet they would really lose their temper, and I definitely don't want that, so this plan is out of the window.

Since Lena was fast asleep, and the driver was obviously focused on his driving, I decided that it would be best to read one more entry now. Knowing me, when we get to the university, I'll get too caught up with everything else, and I'll have no time to read the rest of the entries.

21/4/2019

Things did not turn out as expected. Things definitely didn't turn out like I expected them to.

My plan was supposed to help me uncover who the stalker is. It was supposed to help me, but do you know what it did? It made the stalker even madder at me, if that's even a word.

You're probably wondering what happened, right? Well, I wrote the stalker a really simple note to lure them in, as I said before, and I left it on my bed as planned.

What do you want from me? - Alexis

I then set up the camera - while the curtains were closed in case the stalker was watching me - in my wardrobe so that the lens would be able to capture everything that's going on in the room through the air vents. After that, I quickly opened my curtains, made sure the note was in clear view, and I left the room.

Coming back to my room, I was so anxious to see who the person is, that I didn't even notice the note on my bed. I was too caught up on replaying the tape while holding my breath and trying not to miss any little detail.

The person walked into the room, they - I still didn't know their gender because of the black hoodie they were wearing - picked up the note straight away like I expected. Till now, everything was going perfectly according to my plan.

Strangely enough, as soon as they read the note, they broke out into a fit of laughter, yet I still didn't manage to figure out whether they're a boy or a girl. Throwing the note back onto the bed, they came towards the wardrobe, opened it, and stood right there in front of the camera.