Chapter 7

Alan's POV
"Ok, ok, favorite superhero?" Austin asked as he tucked into his Stawberry ice cream. We where in a small little diner, not too far from the venue and tucked ourselves away in the booth in the corner at the back.
"Ummm Batman." I answered, taking a mouth full of my ice cream, I'd gone with mini chocolate chip, I loved mint chocolate chip ice cream.
"What? No! Superman!"
"Get bent! Superman? Really? Have you not read the comic book where Batman owns Superman's backside?"
"Pfffftt in reality, Superman could take Batman down easy!"
"No freaking way! Right, ok, think about it right...Superman is this like Super being from another planet blah blah blah yeah?"
"Yes, he's from the planet Kypton." Austin nodded.
"He can do everything, shoot lasers from his eyes, fly, x-ray vision, super hearing, super speed, so on and so forth right?"
"They are his main points yes, get to your point here Ashby."
"My point Carlile is, he's all of that, he can do all that stuff but all it takes is the smallest piece of green rock called Kyptonite and poof, he's freaking useless and you can kill him easier then killing a normal human being. A human being, when being attack at least has the strength to run away, or defend himself, but Clark Kent becomes immobilized, completely, like he's paralyzed! Just making it that much easier to kill him! Now think about it, the vast majority of other superhero's out there have enough money to get hold of Kyptonite! Batman, he's filthy rich, he just needs to make one of his ninja stars out of Kyptonite, get the shot right...Superman's dead! Iron man, he just needs to cover his suit in the stuff and Hulk can Hulk smash him to death. Captain America, coat his shield in Kyptonite, throw it, cut his head off, boom dead. Are you seeing my point here or shall I continue with more examples?"
Austin burst out laughing. "Alright, no you made your point, but yet, he's still alive after all this time..."
"That's because they're not going to be stupid enough to kill one of their biggest hero's are they? No, they are not. But I'm talking about if they where actual real people here, not comic book characters they can't kill off. Let's face it, DC actually sucks compared to Marvel, Marvel have so many great hero's who are amazing on their own and as the Avengers. And DC, come on, all they really got is Batman and Superman...who sucks."
"Wow you're a massive dork." Austin rolled his eyes, smirking.
"Yeah exactly, that's what I thought, you can't argue back and make a valid point, because you know I'm right so you take to insulting me instead! Ashby one, Carlile zero!" I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Alright, don't go getting too big headed small one."
"I am not small! Not all of us can be freakishly tall giants."
"You kinda are small...You're tiny!"
"Hey, god only let things grow until their perfect, I clearly just didn't take as long to perfect as you did." I winked with a smile.
"Ouch! Now that's mean!" He faked hurt, clutching his heart with his hand.
"Awww poor baby offended?" I pouted.
"Very much so! I think you should apologies!"
"Never!" I shook my head.
"We'll see about that one! Ok, so Disney or Nickelodeon?"
"Nickelodeon hands down." I nodded, I loved Disney but come on, Nickelodeon was the boss!
"WHAT?! NO! No, no, no! Disney!"
"No, Nick!"
"No, Disney! Come on you got all the princess', you got Toy Story, Find nemo...come on Finding freaking Nemo! And the little mermaid! How can you top that?"
"Hey don't hate just because I'm not gay!" Or well, at least I don't think I am anyway, but he was sure making me question that.
"You know what, if liking Disney makes me gay, then I'm a flaming homo!" He threw his arms in the air, being way to over dramatic, it was funny, and adorable though.
"Disney's cool, but I prefer Nick, personal preference, we can't all like the same thing can we? Where would be the fun in that?"
"Touche Ashby, touche!" He chuckled.

"Ok my turn, if you could live anywhere, where would you live?"
"The ocean, in a bit glass house."
"What? NO! Space man! Outer space is where it's at! Space is way cooler then the ocean!"
"NO! Just no, did you know that we know more about Space then we do the ocean? I mean come on! We live with the ocean man!" Austin started having some freak out in the booth.
"Space is better!" I shrugged.
"Oh Alan, I think you need a lesson or two."
"Oh really? Uh huh, do I now? I think it's you sir that need the lessons. Superman, Disney over Nick, Ocean over Space? I mean come on man! For someone who says his favorite film is Star Wars, I'm quite shocked!"
"Star Wars is awesome and if it was real, I'd totally choose Space, but it's not, so it's the ocean hands down!" He slapped his hand down on the table, making the bowls jerk.
"HEY! Watch the ice cream! Anyway...how do you know it's not real? Space is freaking huge, there could be anything out there! Space is like, never ending, there's so many planet's and galaxies out there we'll never be able to explore! So how do you know none of it is real?"
Austin paused for a moment, thinking. "Yeah well, you can shut up!"
"Once again, Alan wins. What is that now Alan Two, Austin Zero? Or is that three now?" I teased.
"Oh really? Uh huh, ok..." Austin shot an evil grin and the next thing I knew a spoonful of Ice cream came flying towards me, splatting all over my face and clothes.
"HEY!" I got a spoonful of my ice cream and flung it at him, covering him in my Ice cream.
"You going to start Ashby?"
"Actually, no, you started it!" I flicked another at him, and he threw one back and this carried on until we where both covered in Ice Cream and the ice cream from our bowls where gone. Both of us in fits of laughter.

"I think we're going to need to get more ice cream." Austin chuckled. "I think I only ate two spoonfuls."
"Well who's fault is that?" I wiped as much of the ice cream on me as I could off.
"Your's, obviously, you started with your whole Nick over Disney, Batman over Superman and Space over the Ocean, so yeah, you're fault!" Austin scoffed. "You missed a bit."
"Where?" I looked at him confused.
"Your cheek, just under your eye." I touched my cheek. "No other one." I touched the other one, trying to find it. "Up a bit...no too far, down a little...oh just come here!" Austin leaned over the table, reaching his hand out and using his thumb to rub my cheek, his eyes on mine. I suddenly came over with this huge urge to lean forward and kiss him, it took every ounce of strength in me to resist. I had to keep thinking if I did, it would ruin everything, and I didn't want that to happen. God I was so confused, I wanted to kiss Austin...a guy...and although I tried to deny it, I couldn't, I was attracted to him. I found myself noticing every little tiny detail, the way he licked his lips, a lot, especially when he was concentrating. He way his eyes would crinkle a little when he smiled, the way he made hand gestures, constantly when he talked. And I loved every single one of them.
"All gone." He smiled, sitting back in his seat, snapping me out of my thought.
"Thanks." I felt my cheeks heat up, I begged that he wouldn't notice, or at least not say anything.
"So, shall we try this again and keep the ice cream in blows and stomache's?"
"You started it." I narrowed my eyes at him.
"If you say so kitten." My heart fluttered as that pet name left his lips. I'd been called that before, by Aaron and Jaime, but when he said it, it felt totally different, I loved it and I wanted him to keep calling me that.
"Meow." I retorted, sticking my tongue out.
"I'll bite that tongue if you keep sticking it out like that!" He warned.
"You wouldn't!" I gasped.
"Try it and see what happens!" He grinned widely, a part of me wanted to try it, but I decided to change the subject instead.
"So, more ice cream?"
"Yeah, hang on I'll get it." He chuckled, getting up out of the booth and heading towards the diners counter.
I sighed to myself, slumping back in the seat. This was supposed to help me figure things out, put things straight in my mind, but it was just making me more confused. Could I really be gay? No, I still liked women. Bi? Maybe? I don't know, but I've never been attracted to a guy before, maybe it was just Austin. Maybe I was Austinsexual...could that even be a thing? Nah, it was probably just going to turn out to be a bromance, you know when two people are inseparable, and every one thinks your a couple, because of the way you are, but you're not. You're just really close friends who kinda do gay stuff...yeah...maybe that was it. But then again, I'm pretty sure wanting to kiss them didn't fall under the bromance bracket, or finding yourself wanting to cuddle up to them watching 500 days of summer. Or even just wanting to be around them, all the time, not caring what you did, as long as they where there. I'd never even felt this way with Maddie, or Abbey. Well I did, kinda, but not like this, this was much, much bigger. But these things I can never say, I'd have to push past it and do what was best.

Austin's POV
God what is this ginger doing to me! I sighed inwardly to myself as I waited to be served. The more we spoke, joked, laughed, the more I found myself confused. When I leaned over to wipe that ice cream off his cheek, I'd never wanted to kiss any one more then I had in that moment. But I knew I couldn't, I couldn't mess up a friendship, nor could I mess up things for the band. We needed a new guitarist, and I think he'd fit in with us perfectly, providing he was good, which I had no doubt he would, it would be a perfect fit. I'd have to push my feelings to the back of my head and focus on what was important, and that was my band. I couldn't sacrifice a great opportunity for some silly crush...oh god...did I just...oh god I have a crush on him! What am I? Five?! And he's a dude?! Wow my head was spinning. But the more I thought about it, the more I knew my thoughts where right. I noticed every little thing he did, the way he would blush, the way he would bite his lip, a lot, the way he kept flicking his hair out of his eyes, everything he did I found just about the most adorable thing on earth. This was going to be hell if it didn't turn out to me some silly fleeting thing, if he got the position, we'd be around each other all the time, and if it does turn out this is more then some bromance kind of crush, it was going to be hard. But I had to do what was best, and that was ignoring these feelings and keeping them locked in a box.
"What can I get you love?" The waitress asked, bringing me back to planet Earth.
"Can I get another Strawberry Ice Cream and another Mint Chocolate Chip?"
"Sure. Try to keep these one's off each other's clothes." She chuckled, pointing at my top.
"Oh, sorry." I scratched the back on my neck awkwardly. "We cleaned it up."
"Oh don't worry about it dear, you and your boyfriend are an adorable couple."
My cheek suddenly flushed bright red. "Oh he's not..."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I just..." She suddenly look horrified.
"It's fine, honestly." I laughed.
"I'll get you your ice cream, on the house." She smiled.
"Oh no you don't..."
"I insist, as an apology for my mistake." Before I could protest she walked off to retrieve the ice cream. My heart sank, I didn't want it to be a mistake, I found myself wanting her to be right...but she never could be, I was on my own in these feelings. Alan wasn't gay, so locked away then went. Oh Alan, what are you doing to me, my ginger kitten?