Ugh!

"Ugh!" was all Marie heard all around her as they prepared for his brother's official christening as alpha of the park.

Although he had been acting alpha for over four years after their father became a council committee member and started travelling with their mother in tow. He was now twenty one, and therefore ready to assume full alpha responsibility as per werewolves law. Well unless the parent dies early. Which was not their case, unfortunately! Their parents only abandoned the park for a higher calling! Dweebs! Marie thought sarcastically.

All Parks leadership of the wolf community and their families were invited including the royal family, making it a major event therefore everything should be perfect! Marie thought with a shrill voice.

Marie made a face remembering her mother saying that last part. She'd said it looking directly at her.

She scoffs! I can be reasonable. She thinks.

"If you're not going to help, get out of the way!" her mother walked past her carrying a box of something she didn't care to know, from the house.

Marie threw her dagger eyes from where she was seated on the door steps of the alpha's mansion, then continued to crash the dried leaves into a smooth powder with a mortar and thistle.

Her mother paused, sniffing the air, turning back to her. "is that wolf bane?" she asked cringing back. "you know it's illegal to to have that?!"

Marie lifted her head up getting annoyed. "mother, why is it so hard for you to just mind your own business!?"

"I'm your mother, you are my business! The royal family will arrive at any moment now, since your brother went to pick them up! You can't ruin this for your him!"

"Ahh, and here I thought it was me you were worried about. Really, you should try a bit harder to seem like my mother."

"don't talk to your mother like that!" she heard her father boom from behind her.

Marie cursed. They're teaming up on her again.

She and her mother never really got along, ever. Since she was an alpha's daughter and was mated to an alpha, but gave birth to an omega, it was humiliating for her as luna and she was an abomination to her. As for her father, she used to love him a lot, until he decided to join the council when she was twelve. And then that incident happened, and she lost all faith in him.

The next time they visited, the sweet little girl they left behind had morphed into an uncontrollable monster. They couldn't understand what had happened, and no one cared to explain. As far as they were concerned, she was just a rebellious teen.

"her worries are valid, that stuff is dangerous. And hard to find. Where did you even get it." he goes to stand next to his wife.

"black market, from smugglers, and drug peddlers. Rogues." she said it like they should already know since it's illegal.

Her mother gasps.

"where do you get the money!" her father looked angry where as Marie looked on emotionlessly.

Cars screech to a stop behind them on the front lawn. Her mother looked panicked as her brother and the royal family came down, together with their guards.

Jude and Hans approached first, reading the situation.

"what's going on dad?" Jude asked seeing the irritated look on Marie's face.

"where does she get the money to buy that drug from smugglers?"

"I give it to her! So what?!" he said angrily.

"The last time I was here I told you to cut off her allowance, why do you still give her money to do whatever she wants!"

Jude growled at his father dangerously. "this is no longer your pack old man! Go back to making laws and leave my pack to me!"

"you're still not alpha yet, at least not officially. I thought you were better than this, you're basically living with a criminal!"

Good thing Jude saw Marie prepare to launch the mortar containing the wolf bane at their father and caught her hand.

There was a crowd already, and the royal family looked on amused.

"reminds me of you and your son." the queen poked at the king playfully.

The king scoffed moving forward to take charge.

Marie didn't wait for him to arrive, turned around and ran into the house.

"You see what I mean, that insolent child! She has no respect whatsoever for whoever."

Jude growled at his father. "she's no longer your concern, she's my responsibility now, and I'll raise her however I see fit!"

"You spoil her with always defending her. She should learn her place!" his mother injected bitterly.

Jude was very tempted to attack his mother.

"That's enough!" the king commanded making them bow their heads in respect.

"Is that her?" the king asked Jude sniffing. "wolf bane."
"why have you not told your father pup?" the king asked Jude through mind link.
"only those who matter know." he answered stubbornly.
"I'll see her later." The king sighed in frustration. "show us to our quarters."

"my luna will be here to officially welcome you."

" I can do it!" his mother chirped, which Jude totally ignored.

Jessica rounded the corner, jogging towards them standing beside Jude.

"This is luna Jessica. Jessica, this is the alpha King."
Who could mistake that with the authority he emanates. She thought bowing her head in acknowledgement.

"the queen luna."

The queen moved forward, "Hello luna, just call me Alana."

"Hello," she said respectfully.

"Alex, the second son, and Anna and Rina. The twin daughters."

Alex smirked while the little girls of about ten, waved smiling.

"welcome." Jessica said nicely. "but I thought there were five."

"Oh, the young alpha King and his beta, with his sister passed through the mall."

"oh, okay. I'll show you to your rooms."

"wait!" Jude halted them. "the girl you just saw out here. My little sister, if you see her, just.... If you can't be nice to her, just ignore her, or walk the other way." he said awkwardly. "Anything she says that offends, don't take seriously. I apologize in advance. And please don't hurt her," the last sentence he directs to the royal guards who are compelled to protect the royals.
"No one harms the girl in any way." the king uses his alpha tone to end the informal meeting, "now take us to our rooms."

se-se101
Read, comment, vote.
Thanx. <3