In-laws

was about midday and Jude and Jessica went outside to greet two alphas that had just arrived.

He approached them with a welcoming smile and an extended hand.

Even though he had been busy for a couple of hours, it was strange he hadn't heard any incidents from Marie. At the back of his mind he made note to look for her when the work toned down.

Just then he felt a wolf that he hadn't heard from in quiet a while join into the ranks of the pack.

Panic was what he felt.

Panic and terror.

Without a word he turned and took off running faster than a bullet leaving behind a group of stunned faces.

Jessica coughed to gain their attention. "It's just an emergency, nothing to worry about." she smiled apologetically.

One of the gruff alphas threw her an annoyed look. "I'm sure it's that an abomination of a sister of his!"

"Daddy!" Jessica chastised. "you remember what happened the last time you said something like that!"

And he did. "that disrespectful child!" Marie had thrown a cup full of yogurt at him during the mating ceremony between his daughter and the young alpha Bromwell.

He had been very happy that his daughter had mated into the second most powerful pack and he was expecting utmost respect as the father of their luna, even though his pack wasn't amongst the top packs in either number, strength or wealth.

But when he had arrived that day, everything went well until he came across the omega and tried to send her on an errand and got blatantly ignored.

That was when he said some very nasty things trying to impose his authority, gaining some audience. That was when the girl emptied the yogurt she had been holding in her hand all over him.

When the brother appeared in the scene, he held the girl as though she had been the offended party.

"Dad, please try and control that temper of your, it won't help anyone."

"You're my daughter, you should be taking my side. But instead, you even let that mate of yours beat me up that day."

"you were at fault daddy. You threatened the a pack member in their own territory, who happed to be the alphas sister. Then, you threatened to take me with you, away from my mate." Jessica said exasperated. "I no longer want to talk about it. Where's Jeff? He missed my mating ceremony, he should be here as I take my role as luna.

Her father shrugged," he'll be here, I left him to take care of some business with your uncle Jack before he came."

Jessica only threw him an irritated look, he always did that, overwork her brother, and then act like he wasn't doing enough. She was only happy that in a few months time, her twin will officially be alpha and they all won't have to put up with their father's arrogance.

*****

Jude ran into the mansion calling Marie's name, going where he sensed her wolf's presence.

There she was, seated on the young alpha King's lap staring up at him confused. It was a very strange sight to him.

"WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!!!" Jude boomed.

Marie squealed and jumped off the the guy she woke on top of, all the more confused.

She started turning around in circles as though she was looking for something, but in truth her brain was scrambled, and with her wolf making strange noises in her head and trying to force to look at the stranger again, heightened her confusion further.

Paul was the first to gain composure at witnessing the scene. "is she chasing after her tail, 'cuz that's what it looks like." he whispered, fascinated.

Jude reached for her, stopping her spinning.

"Marie, focus!" he held her firmly by the shoulder. "what's wrong, I thought you took your medicine?"

Marie looked unfocused but she managed to say. "she's fighting to wake up. I even overdosed." she said weakly.

"what's wrong with her?" Jax interrupted their conversation.

Jude looked up annoyed. "will you shut up!" He was trying to give his sister his undivided attention and the royal brat was poking his nose.

A very loud growl followed Jude's rude snap. "watch your mouth pup! Take note in whose presence you're in!"

That was Jax' wolf in full control asserting his authority.

Even though Jude was older than Jax, wolves are born into their positions, as far as they're concerned, Jax was born an alpha of alphas. The Alpha King, and all wolves would recognise his power. So Jude bowed his head in apology and submission.

On a normal day, Marie would have run and hid from the level of authority that laced the room. And with her wolf awake, she would be whining and crying out like the wounded dog that she was.

But in that moment, when she heard that loud authoritative growl, even with her wolf barely awake, she purred. And seeing someone else command her brother, she should have been scared that someone could hurt her and her brother wouldn't be able to protect her, but instead, she wanted to run to the stranger and his protection instead.

She whimpered from the confusing thoughts she was having, gaining attention back.

"are you going to tell me what's wrong with her, or should I order you to."

"back down Jaxil, you're not helping." the Alpha King walked, Elaine beside him. Not far behind, Jessica and her father entered the room.

Jax was glaring at his father. One, he called him Jaxil, and two, he was undermining his authority.

"I knew this was about that brat!"

A bunch of people growled, and it was hard to tell which was who's.

Jude was already on offence ready to pounce on the jerk in law of his.

"let's all come down, after all, we're all in laws in here." The Alpha King said calmly.

"Marie, you should go take another dose to-" Jude started but got cut off.

"No! That would be very dangerous. She already overdosed, it's still in her system even though her wolf is trying to wake up. There's a reason for that. And, any more, and her heart would stop. No more of that shit. Jessica, Elaine, take Marie and go start getting ready, I hear you guys like taking your time.

"gentlemen, let's head to the library for some whiskey and cigars." the alpha King said grinning.