F O R T Y - F O U R

::::

minho laid on his bed, bored, on friday night. his arm dangled off his bed as he blankly stared up at his ceiling, not having any motivation to do anything.

he let out a heavy sigh, trying not to let bad thoughts enter his mind. he kept replaying the same song in his head to try and escape reality. minho honestly doesn't even remember how or when he heard the song or what it's even called, but he remembers hearing it, and now cant get it out of his mind.

minho glanced over to his clock, that read 4:30. his mother would be home from work around 5:00, which means there is still nothing to for half an hour.

should i do dishes?

minho scoffed at himself bitterly. nope.

he then saw his phone go off with notification. ignoring it, he continued to open up his phone and go to his contacts. he debated with himself weather he should contact jeongin or not, but it was too late once his finger pressed call.

instant regret filling his body, he mentally face palmed, awaiting the younger's answer. but after multiple rings, he unexpectedly didn't pick up.

oh? he was active on instagram last time i checked a few minutes ago?

getting curious, minho tried again, only to get the same response of the younger's voicemail.

is jeongin...ignoring me?

getting upset, minho bit his lip and stared at the phone screen, not knowing what to do.

why is he ignoring me? did i do something wrong?

minho wiped his eyes quickly to stop himself from crying, and decided to text jisung instead. maybe he'll know what to do.

jisung 💜

hey
delivered 4:34
read 4:37

minho scrunched his face, wondering why he wasn't answering either. he tried again.

jisung?

on the other side of the line, jisung nervously rubbed the back of his neck. he thought about what jeonghan had said about giving the other space no matter what, and to focus on getting him better. even if the other is the first one to start something.

jisung 💜
yeah?

can i call you?

jisung 💜
is it important? i'm
busy

a little, i mean to
me it is

jisung 💜
then yes, of course

jisung couldn't help but fear something could be wrong. he would rather take this one chance than to have minho suffer at home for whatever reason without his help.

once jisung answered the incoming call, he confirmed his suspicions were correct. in just the first few seconds he could tell something was off by the others rattled breathing and hesitation to say something.

"minho, you okay?"

it suddenly felt like his throat was closing in on him, minho not knowing what to say. he couldn't stop himself from thinking that he was just ruining jisung's day by calling him over something so petty and small.