S I X

::::

"minho, you know this weekend is your dads weekend, right?" his mother reminded as the two ate dinner.

minho groaned, heart beat picking up. he hates going to his dads house, heck, he hates his dad in general. that abusive creep treats minho like crap, but his mother doesn't know that and he never plans on telling her. even if their divorced, he doesn't want to seem like a burden.

minho's just grateful he only has to see him one weekend a month.

"but...what about therapy?" he asked, sounding upset. it's not that he wants to go to therapy, it's just the fact of not wanting to go to his dads house.

his mother finished chewing her food, and then answered minho, "i already called in and cancelled for this week. and i'm sure you're thrilled about that, it seems like you hate going there. so i figured a week off was good for you."

minho clenched his hand into a fist, and stuck it under the table so his mother wouldn't see. he was angry. he doesn't know why he's so pissed that he can't go to therapy, cant see jisung, but he is.

"o-oh, okay then." he tried to sound as calm as possible, but the redness on his face told otherwise.

minho gripped his fork tightly, his appetite slowly disappearing as usual. he sighed, and pushed his food around on the plate sadly.

"he'll pick you up friday after school, and then i'll get you again monday."

minho nodded, internally screaming. he is definitely not looking forward to the upcoming weekend.

::::

minho took as much time getting out of school as possible on friday afternoon. it's hard when you have no friends to talk to, or any club meetings to attend. so stalling felt like a painful chore.

as he was walking down the hall, he felt himself get shoved. minho tumbled a bit, after crashing into a locker. he cursed under his breath, unable to see who the asshole was that pushed him. 

now unlike before, minho started running to avoid the laughs that were intended to embarrass him. he held back tears, as he spotted his dads obnoxiously fancy car sitting in the parking lot. he fixed his jacket and hair, before taking a breath and walking up to the car.

the blond opened the car door, and avoided saying anything to his dad. he strapped the seat belt on, and then his father started speaking as they pulled out of the school.

"why did it take you so long to get out of school, minho?" he asked, and the way minho's name flowed out of his mouth making him uncomfortable.

"i had to, um, ask my teacher a question about the homework." he lied quickly.

they came to a red light, and minho's father suddenly put his hand on his shoulder. chills were sent trough minho's body, and he nervously turned his head to face his dad.

"aren't you hot with that jacket on, min?" he questioned. it sucks to admit, but minho was hot. it was a decently humid and sunny day, and wearing heavy clothes was a bad idea. but if he takes off the jacket, all his insecurities will show.

"no, i'm fine." he answered, thanking god when the light turned green.

minho's expectations weren't set very high. his father starts out nice, and as the days go on, he becomes more brutal to be around.

he just hopes this visit will be different.

::::

"have you ever thought about dying your hair red?" his dad asked as the two sat down at the table to just talk and catch up.

minho scrunched his face, being surprised by the question. he shook his head, "no, i just recently dyed it this color. why?"

"i think you would look good with it. it's different."

the younger shrugged, not wanting to dye his hair again anytime soon, "maybe one day in the future."

there was a long, awkward silence between the two, and minho just wanted to run up into his room. his bedroom at this house wasn't as decorated and nice as the one at his moms, but it was still a place to just get away.

his father then stared at minho, which made the other feel extremely weird.

"have you lost weight again since last time?" he questioned without hesitation, and minho's insides turned in his stomach. he feared his father would ask the question, it seeming like it's the only thing he cares about. my appearance.

minho suddenly felt like he was going to throw up. he felt disgusted, and somewhat violated.

he looked down at his body, and bit his lip, "i...i d-don't know?"

"you should go make sure."

minho nodded, and ran upstairs to the bathroom. instead of dreadfully stepping on the scale, he broke down in tears, using all his self control not to aggressively scratch at his arms with his sharp fingernails.

why is it the one time i want to go to therapy, it feels like it's a hundred miles away...

~

oof man-

q: are you a morning or night person?

a: DEFINITELY a night person. i don't have any problem staying up late, but i can never wake up early even if my life depended on it ckskfk